PDA

View Full Version : Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of

Zeno
09-10-2003, 01:58 AM
religion, or the free exercise thereof;....

First part of Article 1 from the "Bill of Rights".

Then I ran across this little tidbit as I was doing my taxes (due Sept. 15)-

From Form 1040 Schedule SE (bold in text):

"Exception. If your only self-employment income was from earnings as a minister, member of a religious order, or Chrisitian Science practitioner and you file Form 4361 and received IRS approval not to be taxed on those earnings, do not file Schedule SE. Instead, write "Exempt-Form 4361" on Form 1040, line 56."

Holy Cow. Is this a de facto support of religion? All commonly accepted "religions" that is, but who decides which religion gets the stamp of approval. What's with the Christian Science people getting a mention? Any hocus-pocus will do as long as you can get enough idiots to follow you. I think HDPM and I should start our own “religions order”. I feel a vision coming on even as I am typing this message -- Yes, a vision from Gawd!!

I'll fill in the details later, once I get back from my Holy Pilgrimage to Las Vegas – City of The Holy Ghosts.

-Pope Zeno, coming soon to this and all other forums at 2+2.

brad
09-10-2003, 07:20 AM
baptist church in indianapolis was raided and seized because they said first amendment meant they didnt have to act as tax collector for gov. (w-4 forms for church employees).

of course you cant be tax exempt as a church unless you register as a corporation and one of the things you must agree to to do this is to be 'non-political'.