PDA

View Full Version : The Pope Zooms into Vegas on 9/11

Zeno
09-09-2003, 02:23 AM
Well, not really. I'm zooming into the great city of ghostly hope on 9/11. I meet old friends on 9/12 but have one day "to myself and poker".

I wanted to rent a Pope outfit and give a haranguing speech from the overhead crosswalks at Flamingo and Las Vegas Blvd. But alas, I searched the web and could not find the proper costume, which would be essential to have. I also wanted to print up a few reams of indulgences and sell them at $25 a pop to the plebeian herds that mill the byways of the Strip. But such are time constrains that such dreams will not be fulfilled on this trip. Perhaps next time.

I’ll be staying at the Barbary Coast the first night. After that, at the Flamingo Hilton with my old buddies – were we are going to deplete our bankrolls playing Blackjack, Pai-Gow poker and Craps.

Also I will be “holding forth” at the Victorian Room restaurant after I arrive, probably around ten o’clock. A ticket for a ten-minute audience with Zeno, Master of the Universe, Holder of the Sacred Keys of Knowledge and Vicar of the Wang-Dang-Doodle, will only cost 100k each (in gold please). Tickets will go fast so be sure to get in line. Audiences are available only from ten until Noon. After that, I will hover on down the Strip, in disguise of course.

-Zeno

StevieG
09-09-2003, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to rent a Pope outfit and give a haranguing speech from the overhead crosswalks at Flamingo and Las Vegas Blvd. But alas, I searched the web and could not find the proper costume,

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Show Off Las Vegas (http://showofflasvegas.com/) lists "Nuns & Popes" costumes on their page. That is specifically what they list, not nuns and priests.

Have fun, post pictures.

I'll be searching the Review-Journal and Sun crime blotters for you this weekend.

Zeno
09-09-2003, 08:03 PM
StevieG,

Thanks for the link. I've got it in my favorites lists now. You made my day. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Zeno