PDA

View Full Version : Roddick wins US Open

Clarkmeister
09-08-2003, 09:05 PM
Does anyone even care? Anyone notice? Once again, the NFL crushes anything in its path.

Forget about Hockey, is there a sport more on life support in the US than Tennis? A week ago I would have said specifically Mens tennis, but without either Williams sister in the event, the womens ratings were down more than 50% also.

andyfox
09-09-2003, 01:38 AM
The Capriati/Henin-Hardene (or whatever the hell her name is) match on Friday night was as spectacular a match as I've ever seen.

Roddick has a chance, with that serve, to have a Sampras-like career. I hated him crying and I hated him then hugging his friends before figuring out where his parents were in the stands.

Football is for idiots. Take Mike Martz (or whatever the hell his name is). Please.

skp
09-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Big headline today in the local paper that Kournikova will be in Vancouver later this fall for an exhibition match. Then somewhere in the last paragraph of the newspaper article, there is a brief mention as to who she will be playing : Lindsay Davenport. I am not sure where Lindsay is ranked right now but I think it's still in the top 10 and in any event, she is ranked way higher than Anna but I guess it's the skirt rather than a deft backhand that gets the people into the stands.

All the same, I will be there.

andyfox
09-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Yeah, no doubt about it for me, Anna is ranked about a thousand rungs higher than Davenport. And by the way, it's not the skirt it's what's underneath.

Anyway, Dave's point has been proven here: 58 views, and just two respondents so far. With both Williams sisters out with injuries, tennis is a back page item indeed.