PDA

View Full Version : WSOP adventure and 7-stud

09-01-2001, 11:33 AM
2 questions

Has anyone played the World Series of Poker adventure game by Masque? I thought the limit games were somewhat tough, but I won the big one in a few days ( having never played in an actual no-limit game). Do think this software is good for devoping poker skills?

Also I am looking for a good 7 card stud book(low limit), I heard Roy West's book is strong. Any suggestions?

MD

09-05-2001, 04:54 PM
you cant go wrong with Wests book...

jg

09-08-2001, 12:14 AM
I'm a modestly successful low-limit player and have a terrible tournament record. I routinely run it up against all of the limit games on the Masque software, and I've won seven bracelets and made countless final tables. The Masque software might be somewhat useful for getting the mechanics down, but I don't think it's going to help your game much. I've played with the Turbo games just a little, and I suspect that they will be a lot more useful. The Masque software is kinda fun, though.

I haven't read West's book, but I hear good things, and I do like his magazine articles. I've found 7CS4AP to be generally applicable to the low-limit, but high-ante games that I play in ($3/6 and $4/8 with a 50 cent ante, $6/12 with a $1 ante). There isn't a lot of ante-stealing in these games (some at $6/12), but a lot of the other concepts apply. The loose games section is outstanding.