PDA

View Full Version : Two hands at Poker Stars $.50/$1.00

colgin
09-07-2003, 01:59 PM
These are my first two hand postings here. I would love to know what to do in these situations.

First hand:

I am dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif-K /images/graemlins/spade.gif in late postion. UTG raises, four players fold to me, I re-raise, button folds, SB and BB call, UTG re-raises, I call, SB folds and BB calls.

The flop comes: A /images/graemlins/club.gif-T /images/graemlins/club.gif-Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, UTG raises, I re-raise (the sdecond after I did it I felt I should have just called, but you tell me), BB calls, UTG re-raises (capping it), and we both call.

The turn comes:

(A /images/graemlins/club.gif-T /images/graemlins/club.gif-Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, UTG bets, and we both call.

River:

(A /images/graemlins/club.gif-T /images/graemlins/club.gif-Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif-T /images/graemlins/heart.gif) K /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, UTG raises, I call, BB re-raises (going all in), UTG re-raises and I (audibly groaning) call.

Results to follow.

Second hand:

I am dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gif-Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif in late early position.

UTG and UTG+1 fold, I raise and everyone except SB folds.

The flop comes:

T /images/graemlins/spade.gif-7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif-8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets and I call. I usually fold this type of hand if I don't hit the flop, but heads up I decided to call for one small bet to see the turn.

Turn:

A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets and I raise. Sb re-raises (ugh!) and I call.

River:

5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Sb bets and I call.

Results to follow. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance for the critiques.

Colgin

CMangano
09-07-2003, 03:08 PM
"I am dealt A -K in late postion. UTG raises, four players fold to me, I re-raise, button folds, SB and BB call, UTG re-raises, I call, SB folds and BB calls."

LOL. I love how SB calls 2 and then folds for one more bet.

The river is tough on this hand. Any T, J or 2 clubs beats you. The pot is huge though, so I probably would have called also, though it would have been painful.

Hand 2 I think you played fine.

GrinningBuddha
09-07-2003, 03:15 PM
Hand 1: UTG is jamming the entire way, I'd put him on AK, AQ, AA, QQ or TT by the time the river hits. If there was ever a time to fold top two pair, that river card is it. The BB who bet out on the flop, called the rest of the way only to bet out when the flush/straight card hit on the turn isn't trying to bluff into the UTG aggressor and LP caller. He has a hand, and it's better than two pair. I'd give serious consideration to folding when it's two bets to you on the river. It's likely that both players have better hands at this point.

Hand 2: Why not raise the flop? If SB has JT or 84s or somesuch hand, this will earn you a free card when you need it. If he 3 bets, you can consider laying down there, or you can take a card off to try and hit one of your 6 outs. If he's not an aggressive player and 3 bets you, you will want to fold the majority of the time on the flop. When it becomes heads up, you need to play some poker. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

colgin
09-08-2003, 08:16 AM
Hand 1:

BB had J /images/graemlins/club.gif-9 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the flush but lost to UTG who had pocket Queens for the full house.

Hand 2:

SB had pocket 7s for the set.

Thanks for the comments.

Colgin