PDA

View Full Version : 13 Days

08-29-2001, 08:34 PM
If anyone wants to watch a movie that demonstrates how poker can be compared to real life, watch 13 days. It potrays what happened during the Cuban missile crisis. Very intense movie.

There are bluffs raises and folds. The only difference in this game is that the world is at risk, not just someones bank roll.

Something to think about.

08-29-2001, 10:48 PM
I enjoyed the movie very much but there was one scene in the movie that I am sure could never have happened. The scene involves Kevin Costner calling the squadron commander directly and asking him to do something without telling his superiors. Specifically, he is told that if he is fired upon, not to return fire or tell anyone. I worked for the Department Of Defense for 11 years and I can assure that this simply would never happen. Any time a civilian from Washington calls a company grade officer or even a field grade officer directly, there is no way that officer would not relay this to his superior. The chain of command is a very holy and sacred thing in the military. If he could not get in touch with his immediate superior he would simply go up the line until he got in touch with someone in his chain of command.