PDA

View Full Version : Time to play a hand

dux
09-07-2003, 09:48 AM
1/2 Hold'em at Party, I've switched from a tight table to a table who's first hand is getting capped 4 ways. I sit down, post from cutoff, and continue a drought of playable hands tonight, not losing much, since I've had little to nothing to lose with.

Along comes 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP.
two folds to me and I raise, two cold calls and a fold, the cut-off three bets with the button calling all three bets cold. The blinds muck and I call as do both the cold callers behind me.
$16 now in the pot.

Flop: [ 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]

I lead out, the player to my right raises, the other cold-caller cold calls again, as does the preflop 3 better. The button folds and I call.
$23.50 in the middle.

Turn: [ 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ] K/images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, the action is a bet and two calls, and I also call.

River: [ 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ] [ K/images/graemlins/club.gif ] [ 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]

I check and the three players behind me also check.

What would you have done differently if anything?

Dynasty
09-12-2003, 07:11 AM
Your hand is going to be good on the flop a lot of the time. Even if it isn't you've got a gut-shot draw to go with your overpair.

When the King hits on the turn, it's time to reprsent AK and put some fear into your opponents.

Joe Tall
09-12-2003, 11:20 AM
What up, Dux? What brings you over here? Sick of being fed Spam in the Zoo? Man, that place has been a wreck as of late, eh?

[ QUOTE ]
I lead out, the player to my right raises, the other cold-caller cold calls again, as does the preflop 3 better. The button folds and I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming that since you are on the other side of the equator that the action goes to you right? Like how a toliet bowl goes the opposite way? /images/graemlins/grin.gif Or is this a check raise?

Either way I think I may 3-bet this flop.

You might want to jam the turn w/your open ender representing AK, however, w/3 opponents, I'd play it the same way.

Don't forget to bring some results later!

Peace,
Larry Joe

Joe Tall
09-12-2003, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When the King hits on the turn, it's time to reprsent AK and put some fear into your opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even when you have 3 of them?

Luke
09-12-2003, 11:44 AM
Even when you have 3 of them? ...

... who are super loose and don't often show aggression unless they have a legit hand?

I think you may get one of them to fold but a player with QQ or A7 here is not going to lay it down. Yes, I realize you have outs and the pot is huge so you want to maximize your chances of winning the pot but I feel a turn bet may be futile and you may face a raise when you really want to see the river.

Al_Capone_Junior
09-12-2003, 11:47 AM
I think I would have popped it again on the flop, three-betting. I would have also bet the turn. Checking the river would be acceptable in any case, but you'da had to call a single bet.

al

CrackerZack
09-12-2003, 11:48 AM
3-bet the flop. i may or may not lead at the turn. depends on how much credence i gave the other players cold calls or not. I'd probably lead at the turn.

Edit: wow i'm hung over... didn't even see the gut shot. Definitely lead at the turn. Your hand still has a very good shot at being best, if it isn't you have outs, and with everyone putting you on AK automatically when you raise at these levels, you want to put top pair with an over card to your pair to the test (i realize A7 and the like shouldn't be out there but his is 1-2, maybe it was sooted). Bet the turn.

CrackerZack
09-12-2003, 11:55 AM
The representation of AK is a nice tool that could get hands that are drawing live to you to fold. Also, its likely a lesser king won't raise your bet on this board also. But the biggest reason IMO for the bet is your hand is way too good to fold and there is still a good chance you're ahead now and if your bet folds QJ etc, amen.

Dynasty
09-12-2003, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even when you have 3 of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. There's no chance you're folding a flopped overpair which still has a gut-shot draw. You're calling any bet so bet yourself and maybe a hand with outs will fold thinking it's drawing dead. I also think there's a good chance 99 is good.