PDA

View Full Version : do foxwoods tables vary much depending on the day/time?

ninja please
09-07-2003, 02:53 AM
i've played at foxwoods a few times, but they have almost all been on saturdays. i'm wondering if the tables are fairly similar on weekdays and sundays, or do they get much tougher on the non-saturday hours?

also, do the tables vary much depending on the time? i imagine the tables would be much tougher on a weekday during business hours, but might soften up later on in the evening.

basically, i've done fairly well at the low limit tables on saturdays, but now that i work saturday nights i was wondering when the best time to go would be to get a similar level of competition. i'm fairly confident playing against the average players i've seen so far, but i don't want to walk into an entirely different world on another day.

RiverMel
09-07-2003, 02:14 PM
In my relatively limited experience, Friday and Saturday nights are the toughest, as counter-intuitive as this may sound. Other than that, I wouldn't worry about any times being much tougher compared to Saturday days.

jstnrgrs
09-11-2003, 03:45 AM
My experience is that weekday afternoons are easiest. Overnight and on weekends are much tougher. I've only been pplaying since June, so that may change now that the summer is over.

Barry
09-11-2003, 10:54 AM
When I go to FW's I'm typically there Friday nite through Monday AM.

At the 10/20 that I play there is a lot of action on Friday night so I like that. Also Sunday night seems to be the time when many of the well known donators show up. In fact, that is why I have started to stay over Sunday night and drive back Mon AM.

Warren Whitmore
09-12-2003, 10:07 AM
Yes, The best time is 5 to 7am. The second best time is 4 to 6pm. The 5 to 7am time slot is best because you will be playing with people who have not slept in 30 or so hours and many of whom have been abusing thier health in other ways as well. At 7am the regulars start to show up which dilutes the weak players quite a bit. The 4 to 6pm slot is good because the "bus people" leave in droves this allows you to move to which ever is the weakest game in the room which will probably stay weak because thats when the regulars start to get replaced by the wanderers.