PDA

View Full Version : My Biggest Online Pot

RockLobster
09-07-2003, 12:46 AM
Wacky, wacky Party 5/10 game. Yes, this is my first online 5/10 session. Thought I'd share this one...

I'm down for the session, courtesy of one complete maniac who's giving everyone at the table plenty of ammo for my web site.

CM (Complete Maniac) is on the button. I'm dealt 7h7d in MP. Two average callers to me, I limp. Another caller, then CM raises. SB 3-bets, BB and 1 limper fold, other limper calls, so do I. My reason for calling was simply that I'd get paid if I hit. CM ends up capping, everyone calls, there are five of us to the flop:

[7c-2h-Td]

SB bets, EP calls, I decide to slowplay, and just call. Yeah right. I raise, LMP folds, CM 3-bets ("I still have 2 cards!"), SB caps, everyone calls. This is pretty. Four of us to the turn:

[7c-2h-Td] 4c

SB bets, EP gives up, I raise, CM and SB both call. Three to the river:

[7c-2h-Td 4c] 4h

SB checks, I bet, CM raises (the way things have been going, he could have 44... or J6). SB cold calls, I 3-bet, both call.

My flopped set-turned-boat is good for a whopping $337 pot (net $247)! No bad beat here!

CM had 9d8d for the flopped straight draw, SB had AhTh for flopped TPTK.

Sooga
09-07-2003, 12:54 AM
Wait, let me get this straight....CM bluff-raises then CALLS a 3-bet with a 9 high? I know party players are horrible, but this seems ridiculous

RockLobster
09-07-2003, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, let me get this straight....CM bluff-raises then CALLS a 3-bet with a 9 high? I know party players are horrible, but this seems ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Hence the "wacky, wacky" at the beginning of the post. That is exactly what happened. Game # 163930872.

Strange days indeed.

slavic
09-07-2003, 01:35 AM
Congrats Rock-

It's always nice to rack in a big one. It feels better in the card room, All those chips and so little time to put them into stacks. Online just doesn't simulate that for me, of course not having to breathe the blue smokey haze is a plus for playing at home.

johnd
09-07-2003, 09:41 AM
I love CM's as u put it, but i never slow play one unless he the type that loose his nerve after the flop.

RockLobster
09-07-2003, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I love CM's as u put it, but i never slow play one unless he the type that loose his nerve after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The slowplay remark was a joke, I bet & raised at every opportunity postflop.

RockLobster
09-07-2003, 10:19 AM
Thanks Slavic, it felt good (although it would have felt a lot better with real chips and real faces, I agree /images/graemlins/smile.gif).

As I mentioned, this was my first attempt at playing 5/10 online. And my very first hand (http://www.riveredagain.com/archive/20030908.htm#Moving_Up_Not_Welcome) was not a good sign. I really tried to think of the chips as tourney chips, and play w/o thinking of their value.

I bought in for $250, was down to about $80 after 10 or 15 minutes. I lost quite a few hands to the Complete Maniac overall, but I stuck around, isolated when I could, bluffed when I could, and hit a few hands. The Maniac was up to $750 early on, I left when he busted out. The session ended up being 134 hands (about 2 hours), and I ended up with $469 in profit (woo hoo!).

Thanks again...