PDA

View Full Version : K high flush

Dingo Dan
09-06-2003, 09:25 AM
This is a hand from a party poker game .50/1$.Loose and a little aggressive.
Full table i am in BB and get 9h Qs.
Two MP limpers and sb completes i check.
4 to flop.
Kh, Jh, 2h
Sb check,i check.1MP bets,2MP raises.I cold call.1MP calls.
Turn is 4h
I check.1MP bets,2MP raises.I fold.1MP 3 bets and 2MP caps.

On the flop i didnt fell good about the my flush draw as anyone with Ah,Qh,10h would beat me but i felt i it would be stupid to throw it away on the flop.
What do you think of the fold on the turn,i just felt it wasnt worth a 2 bet call.

Robk
09-06-2003, 11:11 AM
On the flop the pot is small, your flush outs could easily make you a 2nd best hand, and there could be more raises after you act. I would have folded there. On the turn you made a good fold.

Tosh
09-06-2003, 01:41 PM
Very bad flop call.

You could already be drawing dead and you don't even have the odds to draw to your flush which will very rarely be good anyway. The pot is not worth chasing, just fold.

The turn play shows how poor the call was. You made your hand and all you did was check-fold.

Bob T.
09-06-2003, 04:22 PM
Maybe you could call 1 bet on the flop if you were closing the action, but calling a bet and a raise, is way too high a price for this hand. Fold on the flop.

ccwhoelse?
09-06-2003, 05:29 PM
yea, you definitely have to fold on the flop. even if you did catch a non-heart 10 on the turn, you are still up against a possible flush, not to mention a high heart making their flush on the river. getting a non-heart 10 on the turn would probably end up costing you money. and if you weren't looking for a 10, i have no idea why you would cold call on the flop just to fold on the turn.