PDA

View Full Version : To All My Friends

GrannyMae
09-06-2003, 03:13 AM
The time has come. The pain is gone.

Forgive my temerity, it is what i was.

I said your thoughts so you never had to.

Lest you forget, my posts remind you that the laughter must endure.

I'll save you a seat. Our game never ends.

eugeneel
09-06-2003, 03:15 AM
Ur dying of old age? or u moving to real money tables or something? I don't get the meaning of ur post.

...if u gonna play real money games u wanna take some lessons?

lorinda
09-06-2003, 03:23 AM
I really hope that you posted that yourself after one too many tequilas Granny.
Could you stop now please, you are scaring me and Lori don't do scared.

Lori

tiltboy
09-06-2003, 04:52 AM
Whatcha talking about Granny? You have another 100 posts to go before carpal tunnel sets in. Get back in your box and start typing--we need you hon.

First Jimbo, now Granny--strangeness is afoot in the Zoo.

Mike Haven
09-06-2003, 04:54 AM
Au revoir, GrannyMae. Till we meet again.

I loved being your friend. You were the one person here that I knew I could rely on when I had any difficulty or problem, or when I needed advice. And you asked very little in return.

I'm sorry about "that post". I believe you forgave me, really, though. You knew most of my foibles, and accepted me for what I am.

I look forward to joining you at the table one day.

(But I hope you don't mind if it isn't for a while yet!)

Good luck, GrannyMae.

Your friend,

Michael.

Hung
09-06-2003, 06:53 AM
WTF?
You can't go anywhere, I've send you your book and a freakin nice sweater!!

Simon Diamond
09-06-2003, 08:57 AM
I share Lori's sentiment - I'm praying for good news.

Simon

Jim Kuhn
09-06-2003, 09:13 AM
Granny,

Don't be teasing us like this! The Zoo would not be the Zoo without you! You better not be thinking of going 'toes up' on us!

Kurn, son of Mogh
09-06-2003, 09:36 AM
A warrior has entered Stoval'Kor.

Inthacup
09-06-2003, 11:26 AM
My first thought is how much this sucks. But I sincerely hope that you're happy, wherever you are. Thanks for all the laughs G. You will be greatly missed.

Cup

jasonHoldEm
09-06-2003, 11:31 AM
*sniff*

There are lots of things I could say, but I'll try to keep it simple.

I probably wouldn't be here (because I would have busted out) if it wasn't for that PM you sent me a few months ago that started our friendship. Despite the fact we've discussed very little strategy in our talks, I've managed to learn the most important part of the game from you.

I know I'm ruining your reputation by saying so, but deep down you're a big softie and I wish I could give you a hug...I guess that will have to wait.

So save me a seat (on your LEFT!), and I'll come play with you after I finish my hand here.

/images/graemlins/heart.gif
jHE

Myrtle
09-06-2003, 01:19 PM
Granny,

I still have that box seat at Fenway waiting to be graced by your presence.

Don't let me down.........

Myrt.......

William
09-06-2003, 03:52 PM
http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/494.gif
http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/love/lieb47.gif

William
09-06-2003, 04:14 PM
I hope you'll reconsider Granny, but if you don't, I'm at least glad I managed to come back in time to say hello one last time.

All the best,

Your friend William

lorinda
09-06-2003, 05:17 PM
Lest you forget, my posts remind you that the laughter must endure.

The comedy will continue Granny, but will always be lacking something special without your work.

Perhaps if you pop by and visit us from time to time you could leave us a sign.

I'll leave you a zoo entry ticket at the cashdesk, pick it up and play if you are ever in the area.

Great Game Granny, and Good Luck in the next one.

Lori

BBill
09-06-2003, 05:28 PM
I know where Granny went, I put it all together after reading her last few posts in which she gave us clues to her where-abouts. The post with most of the information has been deleted but after much Sherlock type activity I have determined that Granny has decided to join (VP) /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

jasonHoldEm
09-06-2003, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have determined that Granny has decided to join (VP)

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO...or OC's forum.

jHE

AwesomeAli
09-06-2003, 08:23 PM
I've not had much contact with Granny since my arrival here at the Zoo, but her threads always put a smile on my face.

Take care Granny, you'll be greatly missed

Ali x

airgaber
09-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Granny Mae!!! Don't let some Jerk make you leave. You are the Zoo. I remember when we met at the VP vs Zoo. You were the nicest player. I read here but never posted. Please come back here. I cause enough trouble at VP, they are not yet ready for you!!

Michael Davis
09-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Granny,

I'm sure this isn't a joke. Consequently, I don't have anything funny to say, and I'm sure you are disappointed.

Your presence will be sorely missed. I sure hope the rake's not too high at the new cardroom. Let us know.

-Mike

William
09-07-2003, 04:27 AM
What is VP? /images/graemlins/confused.gif
Thanks

Jim Kuhn
09-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Another poker forum. www.victorypoker.com (http://www.victorypoker.com)

annieadlin
09-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Please lock me a seat next to yours.
Although I am not ready to sign-up with that 'new site' yet, please let me know if there are any bonuses I should know about before my arrival
(you know I hate being uninformed!).
Good journey my friend....
Annie

BBill
09-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Granny,
If you really are serious about this, which I must admit I did not think you were, all I can say is that I am honered to have gotten to know you and you have made me laugh more than anyone I know. Stay strong

bbill

thwang99
09-08-2003, 12:50 AM
Hi Granny,

Are you leaving? Sounds like it but I'm not sure, but if you are, your presense will be missed! You're the hottest granny on 2+2 /images/graemlins/blush.gif, best of luck with whatever comes next!

- Tony

aceswild
09-08-2003, 12:53 AM
WIERD!

rusty JEDI
09-08-2003, 01:16 AM
Granny, I hope you are reading this.

Temerity, hmmm give me one second to look that up..... "unreasonable or foolhardy contempt of danger or opposition." Well now that i have a new word to use i must first tell you granny that IMO you were never unreasonable, but always justified. Secondly granny i can not forgive you for this temerity because it is a characteristic of yourself which i admired most.

Granny, I will try my best at all times to remember the laughter and all though it will be harder to come by now without you i will endeavour to find it.

In case you havent been checking any threads lately i posted a crosspost from rgp from pokeradvantage and i was proud to be named in the same sentence for being part of the resaon he left. I will continue the fight against trolls in your name.

As for poker i only played vs you once and that was at wsex, and i am glad i learned my lesson fast that game selection includes the avoidance of granny mae. However, as for that game you are keeping open i will be there and though the waitlist will be long to sit with you i will gladly wait and throw some taunts from the rail. Of course the seat to your left will be much coveted but i will even take that seat to your right, not only to be closer to you but also to pay you back in chips for all i have learned from you.

Simon Diamond
09-08-2003, 10:01 AM
Granny,

I couldn't let you depart without saying a few words.

Thanks for the good times, this place isn't going to be the same again. You've made me laugh, you've gave me advice, but most of all you have made me realise how precious our lives are and without your wisdom and guidance I would probably not have gotten through my last few months of hell.

And also you must be thanked for your role in developing what has become something of a cult round here. You made the zoo what it is today, and you helped form the tourney bearing it's name. 'King of the Zoo' - (c) Granny Mae 2003. I don't deserve all the plaudits, you have been instrumental in the development of the event.

It is not much, but I am dedicating my fifth place in the last KotZ event to you. You have helped to make me a more resolute individual and I needed to use all of that in order to make the money during KotZ III. Thank you.

Farewell friend, save me a seat because I am going to repay you for your wisdom, though I know you will not take my money. You are too kind an individual to do that. In the meantime we will all ensure your spirit lives on in the zoo.

May you be dealt aces forever,
Simon

RollaJ
09-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Granny....U R the nuts!

But...... I hate when you pull this sh1t, and dont tell us whats up.

Wishing you the best.......RollaJ

thomastem
09-08-2003, 12:25 PM
Granny the forum isn't the same without you. You and yours have my best wishes.

Ok you can keep my chicken....I gotta start looking for possum anyways.

thylacine
09-08-2003, 12:53 PM

SpicyF
09-09-2003, 10:17 AM
Granny--

wtf, 2+2 will not be the same without you. Your posts are always the best and I wish you could come back so you can put a smile on my face when lurking this shady joint /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regardless of what you do, let me know where you go so I can find you!

All the best,
Frank Öberg

Potless
09-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Thanks for coming granny - keep right on till the end of the road /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MS Sunshine
09-11-2003, 06:11 PM
I'm sure I'll be able to find your table. It will either be the table with all the laughter or the one with some old biddy beating some young punk with her umbrella.

Pleasant journey.

MS Sunshine

jek187
09-11-2003, 06:49 PM
Thank you Granny.

Thank you for all the personal help and advice you've given me. Thank you for all the assistance you've given others. Thank you for making these boards a better place.

You have inspired me to try and model myself after you. I can never hope to match your wit, but I hope to match your sense of fairness and kindness. If I can do a fraction of the good you have done, the world will be a better place.

Thank you Granny. For everything. See you in the next game.

Gamblor
12-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Thought this was worth a bump.

'twas a sad day indeed.

I wait anxiously for Posts: 2401

Cubswin
12-17-2003, 05:25 PM
It was so weird... right when i open this thread i get granny mae in LP. There are several limpers and i limped too...big mistake...i should have raised.

Flop comes 655 ....capped 3 way

Turn Q.... 3 bet 2-way

Riv T .... i just call

SB shows 65 for the boat.....if i would have raised preflop i would have most likely won....granny teaching me a lesson here.....ALWAYS RAISE PREFLOP WITH GRANNY!!!!

You are missed Granny
Cubswin

daryn
12-17-2003, 05:30 PM
so his fives full of sixes beat your fives full of queens? stop playing at this site.

TylerD
12-17-2003, 05:31 PM
I thought you did win...

Cubswin
12-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Ugh...i mistyped....wishful thinking on my part. It was a different painted card.

PuppetMaster
02-18-2004, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ur dying of old age? or u moving to real money tables or something? I don't get the meaning of ur post.

...if u gonna play real money games u wanna take some lessons?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gahnia radula
02-19-2004, 01:47 AM
I know im missing something here.

I've been posting here for about a year, and I only just learnt what a "granny mae" is (Q5s)

Now could somebody PLEASE tell where the hole granny mae thing comes from /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ewile
02-19-2004, 03:09 AM
I think that someone who knew her could provide more details as I am relatively new to this forum, but she was a frequent contributer who passed away.

tyfromm
06-18-2004, 07:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know im missing something here.

I've been posting here for about a year, and I only just learnt what a "granny mae" is (Q5s)

Now could somebody PLEASE tell where the hole granny mae thing comes from /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I was wondering rhe same thing, wtf?

Mike Haven
06-18-2004, 11:08 AM
i heard that it was the hand she won a bracelet with at the wsop many years ago, bluff-raising at every bet, and catching the winning pair of fives on the river

as the pot was pushed to her her nurses lifted her to a sitting position and it's said she howled like a banshee, screeching out her own name

it was such a frightening sound, even the slot machines fell silent for twenty seconds

like many important hands, that hand, (Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif), has since become folklore and many people now raise every time they receive the "GrannyMae" and shout out "GrannyMae!" when they win the pot

of course, purists argue that it's not a true GrannyMae unless there's a raise on every betting round

dogmeat
10-22-2004, 03:52 PM
GrannyMae
GrannyMa
GrannyM
Granny
Grann
Gran
Gra
Gr
G

GrannyMae will never die, she will just fade away until just a glimmer in our eye and a laugh on our tongue.

Where you go, I hope there's Rum. God Bless, Good Luck, Have Fun.

See you soon!

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Baulucky
10-22-2004, 07:28 PM
WTF?

VinnyTheFish
10-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Granny!

I was just getting to know and love you. I had so much to learn from you. When I first arrived, there was only talk of this legendary Granny! You came back, and I learned 1st hand that you were all that legend and more.

Granny, as you walk off into the sunset, I'll always keep that vision of you in soiled nighty, I can only hope this is a check-raise - may you come back steaming! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MicroBob
10-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Vinny - this is a bump of a very old thread.

Thythe
10-22-2004, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Vinny - this is a bump of a very old thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, but it was a great response. I'm all teary-eyed.

VinnyTheFish
10-22-2004, 10:41 PM
I may be dumb, but I am not stupid! LOL - that is what I get for playing 2 tables and trying to get a little light reading.