PDA

View Full Version : the moment you've been waiting for! chance to read about a LL AA hand!

ninja please
09-05-2003, 08:41 PM
party 1/2 hand. my friend is late for dinner so i sit down to play a few rounds, and am new to the table for this hand--

dealt Ah As on the button.
EP poster checks, folded to CO who calls, i raise. BB calls, poster calls, CO calls.

flop: Kd 7h 4s
checked to CO who bets. i decide not to raise to keep the other two in. i'm not sure about this decision -- is it ok? at these low limits i usually have a strict no-slowplay rule, but what can i say. BB and EP both call. the more i think about it, the more i think it was a bad decision.

turn: Td
checked to CO who bets, i raise, BB and EP fold. CO 3-bets. now i regret not raising on the flop, because i have no idea if he has AK or something i'm behind. i cap, he calls.

river: 9s

he checks and just calls my bet, so i think i'm good. until he flips over KK. no raise preflop? no raise with the second nut hand on the river? i guess i should be glad he saved me those bets, but was i too aggressive on the turn? and how bad was the slow play on the flop?

Stu Pidasso
09-05-2003, 08:51 PM
I think you played it fine.

CO butchered it and let you off easy.

Stu

gonores
09-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Definitely raise the flop. Firstly, a preflop raiser calling on this flop looks pretty sketchy, and secondly, you want to get the draws out.

I would also only call the turn 3-bet and call the river (bet if checked to). He's showing a lot of aggression against a pretty obvious slowplay or a turned set of tens.

Robk
09-06-2003, 01:23 AM
I think generally capping the turn is overplaying your hand.