PDA

View Full Version : JTs after two limpers in MP

nichtgut
09-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Hi
Me and my friend have been discussing having JTs in MP after 2 lets say average (avg tight / avg aggressive) opponents limped from EP and EMP at a 10/20 table. Do you raise or call and why?
Thanks for your thoughts,

Nicht Gut

elysium
09-05-2003, 04:32 PM
hi nict
you should just call. the reason? your hand isn't much better than theirs. you could muck here too. ev is about the same as playing it.

if you were against less than avg. players, raising then is correct because your hand is likely better, but you also can out play them. but against these guys, just call.

iblucky4u2
09-05-2003, 05:26 PM
When I posted my hand in this situation, I thought it might be a way to get the rest of the field to fold giving me position. I had not played a hand to that point giving me a tight image. It turns out that it would not have mattered - no one was watching anything but their own cards.
The thought was a raise to get the button with a tight image vs. encouraging more players to enter the pot with a hand that plays best in a multi-way pot. The raise might set up a bluff with a scary board, but also would give others pot odds to call.