PDA

View Full Version : some amusing lines from O-PG's website

crockpot
09-05-2003, 05:51 AM
"O-PG seeks to be the antithesis of "sleazy" portal websites"

(can you find me a site that is more sleazy than yours, with the exception of PokerAdvantage?)

"AbsolutePoker.com might as well be StockedPond.Com, while the traffic isn't always as dense as some of its competitors it always seems to have TONS OF FISH!!"

(note: has anyone ever seen more than two tables running at absolute at once?)

"We fear that if this system was given out for free, there would
be too many skilled players and the general profitability of online holdem would decrease."

(so why do you constantly spam so that every single idiot on 2+2 will want to get your system?)

"Keep in mind this offer is on a trial basis, if too many copies are going out we may be forced to rescind it. O-PG must control the supply of PH+ somewhat to keep it so very effective."

(yet whenever a new person gets a copy, i'm going to brag to the whole internet forum about it. they'll learn to love me then!!!)

"These books are an excellent way to expand your
understanding of the game, in these you will find theories on less mechanical
games such as No-Limit. While PH+ makes you a very solid player, in
these books lies the potential for you to become great.

Play Poker Like the Pros
by Phil Hellmuth Jr."

(riiiiight....)

does anyone have a copy of power holdem+ they want to lend me? i have an almost perverse desire to read through this and rip it to shreds.

crockpot
09-05-2003, 06:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All of a sudden posts were flooding the forum authored by champ stating how he was the best omaha player, daring people to play him etc. This began to really frustrate posters and he became the most flamed person I think in the history of two plus two.

[/ QUOTE ]

so this is your grand plan! you're jealous of OC holding the title that you deserve by right.

[ QUOTE ]
He starts making posts about poker and his play and proceeds to respond to his own posts. This was the wierdest thing I had ever witnessed. Usually if someone is going to respond to their own post they will create another screename or something, he did not. It would be so funny some days I would fall out of my chair laughing. I was like why is this guy answering and responding to his own posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know what i find weirder than this? when someone does it without ever mentioning poker in his posts, and tries to spam a website with no poker content in the meantime.

[ QUOTE ]
All of a sudden I am a freeloader, a bum and any other not so nice word you can think of.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sorry, i've misjudged you! i thought you were an idiot who knew nothing about poker but wanted people to give you free money because you have the time to post here all day.

lorinda
09-05-2003, 09:38 AM
, in
these books lies the potential for you to become great.

Shouldn't that be "In these lies is the potential for us to grate your bank book"

OffTilt
09-05-2003, 10:08 AM
"does anyone have a copy of power holdem+ they want to lend me? i have an almost perverse desire to read through this and rip it to shreds."

Yes that would probably be the highlight of your life, nitpicking at some anonymous joe on the internet.

Enjoy your fun-filled weekends at college playing poker with your toolbag club.

crockpot
09-05-2003, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes that would probably be the highlight of your life, nitpicking at some anonymous joe on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

does the word "hypocrite" even enter your brain at any point?

i'm just praying that someone volunteers to sterilize you so you can't pass this kind of wisdom on genetically.

OffTilt
09-05-2003, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

does the word "hypocrite" even enter your brain at any point?

i'm just praying that someone volunteers to sterilize you so you can't pass this kind of wisdom on genetically.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all 9000 posts we have been subject to this:

--------------------
Illini Card Players Club

Check out the new section "Starting out in Online Poker" - your guide to winning big online! Also includes detailed reviews of poker books, and poker sites and promotions.

I suppose that's not spam? Don't talk to me about hypocrites.