PDA

View Full Version : Value Bet the river?

slavic
09-05-2003, 04:00 AM
Party 3/6

EP with A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG limps (Lag), folds to me, I limp, folds to the Big blind Solid player who raises. UTG and I call.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, UTG folds, I call

Turn:Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB Bets, I raise, BB 3 bets, I call

River 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks ..........

kiddo
09-05-2003, 04:57 AM
If I was in the blind raising preflop and you (a solid player) raised me on turn wit AQJ on board, I would never reraise with 1 pair and inside straight (AK).

But on the other hand, after 3-betting turn with my "at least 2-pair hand" I would almost never go for a checkraise on river (as long as I didnt think you were overaggressive). I would bet out when that non-scarry card comes.

I would check behind, the only hand that you can beat is 1 pair if he wasnt raising in blind with QJ, and that seems a bit strange.

Tosh
09-05-2003, 05:04 AM
Looks to have AK to me. This is an easy river bet I think.

Joe Tall
09-05-2003, 07:12 AM
Looks like a holding of AK and I think you have a value bet here.

It'll be interesting to see how this one turned out.

Peace,
Larry Joe

chesspain
09-05-2003, 07:36 AM
Why didn't you raise on the flop?

slavic
09-05-2003, 11:13 AM
It's not that scary of a board so I thought I'd get my raises in on 4th street. The solid player knows what he's doing and he's going to bet 4th street.

rigoletto
09-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Bet it. Solid player checks the river after 3-betting the turn, I don't think you have to worry about a checkraise. You are likely looking at AK, KK or a move from Ax, TT and with a possibility of AQ, AJ being scared of KT, AQ or 33.

Nutz&Boltz
09-05-2003, 11:57 AM
The possibility of him having you beat or attempting to check raise you would seem to be greater than 50%. I would save my chips for a better opportunity and check. There are very few hands a solid player would raise with in the BB that don't have you beat at this point. It is possible he flopped a set, read you for a st8 on the turn, and reraised with the possibility of filling up. A lot of this decision depends on what image he has of you. Maniac vs Rock.

Rube
09-05-2003, 12:11 PM
I'd bet, looks like AK.

Bob T.
09-05-2003, 12:38 PM
I think that he has AK, and you are ahead, he made his three bet on the turn, before he thought about what you might be raising with, and I would bet the river if it was checked to me.

slavic
09-05-2003, 01:33 PM
When the action is checked to me on the river, I was a little shocked. No way that he goes for a checkraise with anything that beats me so he has to think that if he bets and I call I win. So the value bet has to be correct.

I bet he calls.

He had KK.