PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable Party play?

slavic
09-05-2003, 03:06 AM
Party 3/6 game 1 Solid player seated right next to a lag I'm 2 seats after this mixture. The lag has been trying to isolate the solid player on the last few rounds. Really quite humorous.

Anyway neither is involved here.

I'm on the Button A /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG (has $800+ at the table and is playing video poker) limps, folds to a poster in the CO who checks, I always find this hand a marginal thing but decide to raise and see how much dead money I can create. SB folds, BB thinks a long time and folds, UTG calls, CO folds.

(6.5 SB)Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Check, I Bet, call

4 BB Turn A: /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check, bet, fold

Should I check the Turn to hopefully get a call on the River or better just to take the pot on the turn? Versus a random hand I have no idea what card is safe on the river so I bet. Call if you want but your going to pay.

Bob T.
09-05-2003, 03:20 AM
I think that you are probably better off betting the turn, as you did. If you don't get a call, you might get a checkraise out of your opponent, and then you can think about three betting, or raising the river.

Joe Tall
09-05-2003, 07:26 AM
Very interesting hand, slav.

I think you played it fine and I like the 'dead money raise' with this marginal hand. Either fold it or raise it here, nice play.

Peace,
JT

Carlos
09-05-2003, 10:25 AM
I like the way you played it but I don't think the preflop raise is marginal. You're up against two random hands, have optimal position and at least one bad opponent.

Carlos