PDA

View Full Version : Proper Fold???

Hcullimore
09-05-2003, 01:10 AM
I am playing in a 10-20 game that is playing like a 30-60 game because of the presence of a lunatic who is capping most hands pre and post flop.
I am in the cutoff and am dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. The lunatic under the gun bets and there is one mid position, loose caller, I raise, the blinds fold, the Lunatic re-raises, and the loose player is the only caller and I cap the pot with both other players calling.

On the flop comes 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif - Lunatic bets loose player calls, I raise, Lunatic calls, Loose players calls.
$ 195.00 in pot prior to turn
Turn Card brings a King /images/graemlins/spade.gif - Lunatic checks, Loose player checks I bet - Lunatic raises, Loose player re-raises -
I reading the loose player (correctly as it turns out with two pair fold) Lunatic caps pot.
River Card brings A /images/graemlins/club.gif
Lunatic bets - Loose player raises Lunatic calls
Lunatic has pair of fours - Lose player has King/Nine

Was this a bad fold?

Yeknom58
09-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Just quickly looking over your post I think at the time of your fold you were getting somthing like 1-8 to call. If you put your oppponent on 2 pair your have about 8 clean outs. So with that in mind I think you had the proper odds to call.

Also I still think you might have been ahead. Keep in mind you have loose man and crazy man in this hand.

elysium
09-05-2003, 07:21 AM
hi h
on the turn, against these two, you have to anticipate your bet opening a pandoras box of action. if there is some instance in which you wouldn't see the river, then do not open the box. you have to realize that if two lower pair gets counterfeited on the river, and you make aces up, you're sitting pretty again. more than half the time you will need better than that on the river, and your fold would be correct. but not against these two. aces up should do it. you've got to see the river or not bet the turn. against these two, i'd have to bet and call any raise hoping to make my aces up.

gavrilo
09-05-2003, 06:29 PM
if i calculated it right you are about a 4.5 to 1
and you are getting 8 to 1 on your call assuming all your outs are clean.
if say an 8 isn't a clean out, you only have 5 outs, which would be even money.
should be easy call against these guys right???

johnd
09-06-2003, 09:02 AM
It looks to me like u have 8 outs and there is no reason to not believe that the loose player is sitting on KJ or K5 for that matter. There are many times this sort of thing comes up for me as that I play in loose inter net games and hunt maniacs (cause its fun) I would call it no question. Makes for a high Standard devotion, but also a high win rate. (I think)

If any one thinks I am an Idoit plz tell me i have only been playing a year.