PDA

View Full Version : Comment For Mat

Poker Advantage
09-04-2003, 10:19 PM
Hello.

Hopefully you will see this when you get back, I hope it is not buried under 400 other posts. Anyway, I am writing this to inform you of the hypocrisy that resides here among some of your posters. Obviously they hate any kind of site promotion which is fine, but there is a proper way of addressing it. Instead of kindly asking the so called offender to tone it down a bit, they threaten, curse and simply put them down. I do not think this is fair. While I understand that the goal of an affiliate is to make money, and most affiliates wish to help the game of poker, get the new player a decent sized bonus that he otherwise would not have gotten while making a couple bucks for himself as the affiliate.

Some users on this forum claim that it is a violation of the rules to mention any site or bonus offer in the form of a post. While this may be true I draw yourself to the section of your terms that regards libelous remarks, and or defamation. In my estimation the responses of these posters to the affiliates is far worse than the promotion of a poker related site or bonus. If one section of your terms is to be enforced they all should be. If this were the case you would be banning several posters just on the grounds of libel.

While I feel that no one in particular should be banned. I think this forum needs some clarity as to the extent that the terms will be enforced. One thing is for certain. The accusations and slander must be stopped. Advertising poker sites or bonuses is not nearly as bad for the forum then flame wars and profanity. Bonuses can actually increase exposure to online poker, thus making the forum more of a success then it already is. Thanks for your time. This post has also been private messaged to you.

Josh

GrannyMae
09-04-2003, 10:23 PM
This post has also been private messaged to you.

he won't even read it. you are like a wart that a drum of compoundW won't burn away. please josh, i am your only friend here. take my advice and swallow those pills. the pain will end quickly.

Best Wishes

Poker Advantage
09-04-2003, 10:26 PM
With friends like you who needs enemies?

Simon Diamond
09-04-2003, 10:36 PM
If you even bothered to get to know Granny, you would find that she is in fact a very nice person (sorry Granny), and a great ally.

I suspect you are too far gone to try that now - just quit the crying act. Nobody cares - honestly.

Simon

Stagemusic
09-04-2003, 10:41 PM
I haven't had the honor of a personal communication with Granny and yet I look forward to every one of her posts. They are inevitably filled with humor and a zest for life that brings a smile. We should all strive to be a little more like that. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Homer
09-04-2003, 11:14 PM
Instead of kindly asking the so called offender to tone it down a bit, they threaten, curse and simply put them down. I do not think this is fair.

I should hope that this post in no way concerns me, I restrained myself from threatening, cursing and putting you down while receiving such treatment from both you and OffTilt.

Before writing a post like this perhaps you should take a look in the mirror.

-- Homer

OffTilt
09-04-2003, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This post has also been private messaged to you.

he won't even read it. you are like a wart that a drum of compoundW won't burn away. please josh, i am your only friend here. take my advice and swallow those pills. the pain will end quickly.

Best Wishes

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not, he probably doesn't give a damn. But you think he cares about the impending "post freeze"?? LMFAO

OffTilt
09-04-2003, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't had the honor of a personal communication with Granny and yet I look forward to every one of her posts. They are inevitably filled with humor and a zest for life that brings a smile. We should all strive to be a little more like that. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"you are like a wart that a drum of compoundW won't burn away. please josh, i am your only friend here. take my advice and swallow those pills. the pain will end quickly."

I see what you mean.

Sad thing is many of you probably would kill yourselves if you lost "the respect of 2+2" LMFAO YOU GUYS ARE REALLY MAKING MY DAY YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

Stagemusic
09-04-2003, 11:21 PM
Indeed, some people DO embrace euthanasia as a way to end the suffering of a poor animal...it's actually less cruel

westmt01
09-04-2003, 11:22 PM
Oh boo hoo! Help me teacher, nobody likes me. I have found this forum to be a great place to share ideas and learn about the great game of poker. Most of the posts here have been insightful and/or entertaining, except for any of yours. But I realise that some people enjoy negative attention. They enjoy being the object of derision and dislike. This obviously explains you. So from now on, and I invite everyone else on this forum to do the same, I will completely ignore your posts. Perhaps then you will go away and this site can get back to being about poker and not a source to feed your bizarre insecurities. Buh Bye!

Poker Advantage
09-04-2003, 11:22 PM
Lol ..Off

Poker Advantage
09-04-2003, 11:26 PM
I have nothing wrong with you homer. Your posts were civil for the most part. It is people like granny who claim themselves to be polite and a value to the forum that I have a problem with. Others say she is nice. Yet she curses frequently. Tells me that I should just die, and asks me if I masterbate a lot. You call this a contribution. I certainly don't. So far Ive gotten 3 requests for me to end my life and my so called misery. Yea real nice place this is. And the affilates are the term violaters. Puleeese.

Josh

RiverMel
09-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Buddy... stop throwing around legal terms that you clearly don't understand. Libel and slander have specific definitions, and nothing posted on these forums has even been close to satisfying the definitions.

Poker Advantage
09-04-2003, 11:35 PM
No saying my site is horrible that no one should visit is isnt libel huh? If it causes me loss of traffic, or defames my character it is. You know nothing about the law my friend.

Josh

Stagemusic
09-04-2003, 11:41 PM
Actually, I would propose that your site received more hits than normal in the time you have been here. I would think that the posters on this forum probably have clicked on just to see if there might be anything of value...NOPE. There is absolutely no way in hell that you could show ANY compensatory damages for anyone's comments on this forum. Quit playing "I am not a lawyer but I play one on 2+2". You just don't know who you might be dealing with. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Homer
09-04-2003, 11:41 PM
No saying my site is horrible that no one should visit is isnt libel huh?

How can something that is true be considered libelous?

-- Homer

RiverMel
09-04-2003, 11:55 PM
No, actually, saying that your site is horrible and that no one should visit it is most certainly not libel.

Are Ebert and Roeper guilty of libel when they pan a movie in a review, even if that review causes the producers to "lose out" on multiple millions of dollars to ticket revenue?

Pure opinion can never be libel. Thank you, please drive through.

MS Sunshine
09-05-2003, 12:14 AM
"It is people like granny who claim themselves to be polite and a value to the forum that I have a problem with."

At what point did Granny claim to be polite?

MS Sunshine

Simon Diamond
09-05-2003, 12:38 AM

Simon Diamond
09-05-2003, 12:42 AM
RiverMel is right - what the hell do you expect when you come into a public forum Josh?

Simon

crockpot
09-05-2003, 04:12 AM
i cannot believe we're trying to argue over legal definitions with someone who believes that his site contains "poker articles, tips and anything in between."

i want to see you sue for libel, and the zoo countersue for false advertising. it would be very funny to see you lose both cases.

Mr Radar
09-05-2003, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it would be very funny to see you lose both cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be funny to see him at all.

dogsballs
09-05-2003, 04:50 AM
since when has the internet forum been about poker..?

lorinda
09-05-2003, 08:34 AM
do not think this is fair. While I understand that the goal of an affiliate is to make money, and most affiliates wish to help the game of poker, get the new player a decent sized bonus that he otherwise would not have gotten while making a couple bucks for himself as the affiliate.

Actually, affiliates keep the bonuses lower than they would be if no affiliates existed so you are basically stealing the newbies money.

Some sites, and some people put a lot of hard work into their sites and in giving their deals to newbies, because they realise that instead of stealing newbie money, working to earn it and being helpful are two very good ways to make this morally justifiable.

Your site however represents someone who is trying to make a quick buck at the expense of poker players worldwide.

If you cannot handle the critisism, why did you come onto one of the harshest forums there is and ask for opinions on your site.

Matt can have who he wants on here, I haven't re-read the terms and conditions but I bet there is something to the effect of "This is our site, we run it how we like, if you don't like it then get stuffed".

Your disregard for the people on this forum, all of whom are better players, more informed and generally more interesting than you, is what has led to this backlash and you need to understand that you are possibly the worst con-man in history.
Actually, needing to understand that is not neccessary, just go away.

If you know so much about online poker, why on EARTH did you not expect this response from this forum.

Thieves, morons and people who think they are smart are tolerated, however, you are all three and this is probably a breach of human decency.

Instead of your incessant spamming, do some work, find out what poker is, find out what the pitfalls are, find out SOMETHING, ANYTHING, I'll even say please.

Also, try growing up.

Please.

Lori

lorinda
09-05-2003, 08:46 AM
No saying my site is horrible that no one should visit is isnt libel huh

i cannot believe we're trying to argue over legal definitions with someone who believes that his site contains "poker articles, tips and anything in between."

Case 1.

Poker Advantage vs The Whole World for defamation of character and libel.

The court has considered the evidence presented and concluded that the posters at 2+2 should pay the sum of $100 each to morons everywhere for insulting them by comparing them to Poker Advantage

Counter claim:

Case 2:

The case of The Rest of World vs Poker Advantage for false advertising.

It has been found that Poker Advantage did, with malicious intent, conspire to waste people's time, melt their brain cells and cause actual Cat harm through false claims regarding an alleged poker site.

The accused is found guily of being too dim to realise why he had upset people and is sentenced to three years losing at 50c/$1 tables whilst reading Helmuth's book on hold 'em, Clinton's impeachment trial, Hitler's love letters and other great lies of our time so that he can see how a con should work.

Lori

warlockjd
09-05-2003, 08:49 AM
.....causes me loss of traffic.........

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
LOL

tiltboy
09-05-2003, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The accused is found guily of being too dim to realise why he had upset people and is sentenced to three years losing at 50c/$1 tables whilst reading Helmuth's book on hold 'em, Clinton's impeachment trial, Hitler's love letters and other great lies of our time so that he can see how a con should work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bailiff, whack his pee-pee.

OffTilt
09-05-2003, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i want to see you sue for libel, and the zoo countersue for false advertising. it would be very funny to see you lose both cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

422 posts in 2 months? I thought you were in college dude, get a freakin life, it will only get worse when you're gone.