PDA

View Full Version : PPM newbies

MS Sunshine
09-04-2003, 06:22 PM
PPM DISCLAIMER:

You are advised not to give any credence to any advice given by this poster on this subject. He knows nothing about winning a PPM seat, at all.

I don't now why my lawyer thought that was necessary before each PPM post, but he doesn't tell me how to play poker and I will not tell him how to keep me out of legal trouble.

If you don't already know Party has 1600 players for each of the next three days. They are splitting each day into two tournaments starting a half-hour apart. I wish Party could have let me buy into both each day. This is the big WPT crowd getting their first PPM experience.

My record was slightly improved for this group of PPM's. 3 wins, 4 freerolls for 2nd-3rd place and 2 outs. So for the price of $100 I have EV of $600 for this weekend. I would have rather they have run one big field each day, because this flat pay-off structure is the one that I do the best at. And the flatter the better.

An average stack at the bubble should be about $107K, if the average starting stack is $2500, which it has been in the past. If the starting stacks are about $2000 then the Sunshine Bubble Number is about $87K. This means money won above this level has less value because it is less needed to win a seat. If you get to this number early then you need to be more selective in starting hands since you only need a few winners to stay even with the remaining rounds of blinds to slip in.

It should be very fishie tournaments, so if you get stuck early don't despair you will get action if you pick-up any hands.

Good Luck

MS Sunshine

Inthacup
09-04-2003, 06:34 PM
He knows nothing about winning a PPM seat, at all.

Man, that must suck.

Best Wishes,

Cup

MS Sunshine
09-04-2003, 07:33 PM
Another PPMtwofer gloating. How ugly.

MS Sunshine

Spartacus
09-04-2003, 07:49 PM

thylacine
09-04-2003, 07:56 PM
If there is on seat per 50 entries then surely average stack at the bubble is simply 50 times original average stack, isn't it?

But you also talk about " the Sunshine Bubble Number". Is this the stack size where you believe you have enough chips to coast into a seat while the smaller stacks must battle it out (and some big ones stay in the fray)? How do you determine this number?

MS Sunshine
09-04-2003, 08:06 PM
The number of starting players times starting average stack. Divide this by the number of PPM seats plus one.

At this point each dollar won is worth less and less.

MS Sunshine

Ulysses
09-04-2003, 08:34 PM
Has there ever been any discussion w/ PartyPoker reps regarding why they decided to make the PPM itself and these semi-finals limit tournaments?

If not, any guesses?

Just curious...

Also, any more tips would be greatly appreciated - this will be my first real online tourney.

Inthacup
09-04-2003, 08:41 PM
More interest from the players, I think. Plus they get the distinction of having the only limit HE tourney on the WPT tour.

It certainly does generate more action at the final table.

Cup

MaqEvil
09-05-2003, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Has there ever been any discussion w/ PartyPoker reps regarding why they decided to make the PPM itself and these semi-finals limit tournaments?

If not, any guesses?

[/ QUOTE ]

Prolly the same reason that their big 300+20 tourneys are limit. It's because they hate me

Michael J. Sykes
09-05-2003, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The number of starting players times starting average stack. Divide this by the number of PPM seats plus one.

[/ QUOTE ]

The average stack size of the PPM seat winners would be the total number of tournament chips divided by the number of PPM seats. What's the significance of the "plus one" in your formula?

Of course, one need not reach the average chip level at the tournament "bubble" (i.e., when the number of PPM seats equals or exceeds the number of remaining players) to win a PPM seat. Any idea how to estimate the likely minimum stack required to win a PPM seat?

-MJS

thylacine
09-05-2003, 01:45 PM
Because if you have

"[The number of starting players times starting average stack divided by (the number of PPM seats
plus one )] PLUS ONE CHIP"

then you must be ranked in the top n=number of PPM seats.

eMarkM
09-05-2003, 01:48 PM
nm

HavanaBanana
09-05-2003, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My record was slightly improved for this group of PPM's. 3 wins, 4 freerolls for 2nd-3rd place and 2 outs. So for the price of $100 I have EV of $600 for this weekend. I would have rather they have run one big field each day, because this flat pay-off structure is the one that I do the best at. And the flatter the better.

An average stack at the bubble should be about $107K, if the average starting stack is $2500, which it has been in the past. If the starting stacks are about $2000 then the Sunshine Bubble Number is about $87K.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the last rounds the avg stacks were around 2150, making your EV 8-900$, now this would be true if you were an average player.
As you correctly state, you do better in flat payout tournaments, so your EV might be around 1800, not bad from $100 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

_2000Flushes
09-05-2003, 10:01 PM
MS-

Good call on the 2500 average stack size. Friday night: 2496 and 2525.

-2kF