PDA

View Full Version : Please quit picking on OffTilt and PokerAdvantage!

Ulysses
09-04-2003, 05:51 PM
While I've been participating on 2+2 for a while, I'm pretty new to online poker and this forum, and I don't know what I would do without these two sites.

For example, at PokerAdvantage's site, I learned that:

PokerAdvantage (http://pokeradvantage.tripod.com/1/id3.html)

3. Playing online has some disadvantages, such as lack of tells, and realism

I'm not quite sure what he's saying about "realism" here, but I'm sure looking out for it!

And most importantly, at OffTilt's site I learned:

Online Poker Guide (http://www.online-pokerguide.com/holdem-poker-theories.htm)

After the turn card is dealt:
The player currently holding the best five card hand is most likely to win at showdown.

Understanding this general concept has vastly improved my turn play.

I know some of you don't appreciate the spam these guys are polluting this board with, but please do your best not to drive these guys away. Missing out on insights like those I mentioned above would be a terrible loss to the 2+2 community.

Simon Diamond
09-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Missing out on insights like those I mentioned above would be a terrible loss to the 2+2 community.

Couldn't agree more. I mean what would we do for comedy?

Simon

crockpot
09-04-2003, 06:10 PM
how can you possibly compare the usefulness of that turn advice to the river advice from the same site:

After the river card is dealt:
The player currently holding the best five card hand has won at showdown.

Oski
09-04-2003, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After the river card is dealt:
The player currently holding the best five card hand has won at showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see statistical proof of that claim.

Wake up CALL
09-04-2003, 06:27 PM
Or how about this sound advice from the Illini Card Players Club (http://) "...me sometimes makes the mistake of playing pot limit omaha high and omaha high/low tables at the same time, and confusing which is which. These mistakes can be very costly, so it's best to stop them before they begin."

He who live in a glass house and so on and so forth. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe Tall
09-04-2003, 06:38 PM
I know, I'm not a Zoo poster, but I hope I'm welcome.

Zoo members, good luck, you now have the 2nd Generation:

OffTilt - onlinechamp
PokerAdvantage - Fishy

Now, I know the 2nd generation is no match for the 1st but we could have a nice set of juniors here.

Good luck in KotZ III and thank you for your time and consideration.

Peace,
Larry Joe

On second thought, if Granny gets a glimpse of my 6'7", four time a week Basketball playing frame...I might be too welcome. /images/graemlins/blush.gif But I hope Lorinda doesn't mind. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

crockpot
09-04-2003, 06:39 PM
did i actually write that? oh well, it basically only happened on ub when there weren't four games of one type for me to play at once. switching to party/empire as my main site has solved all remnants of that problem.

and i really exaggerated the severity of the 'errors' i made for effect. it basically amounted to accidentally playing three A-2 hands on the high table, which cost me a total of 75 cents.

by the way, your link is broken. if you're going to zing me, at least do it right. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

crockpot
09-04-2003, 06:40 PM
wow, i wish i could have seen OC in his prime if these guys don't even compare to him.

Joe Tall
09-04-2003, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, i wish i could have seen OC in his prime if these guys don't even compare to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, you don't. You could travel from Berlin to Boston if he used his head as a Zeppelin, it was so inflated, TWICE.

Inthacup
09-04-2003, 06:52 PM
LOL

Simon Diamond
09-04-2003, 06:57 PM
6'7", four time a week Basketball playing frame

I used to be able to say the same, however I am now a 6'7" waster who cannot even run 10 yards without wheezing /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Simon

Joe Tall
09-04-2003, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to be able to say the same, however I am now a 6'7" waster who cannot even run 10 yards without wheezing

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to be 31 in a few days, 3 knee surgeries (1 ACL), social smoker, and I'm in the best shape of my life. Granted it took nearly 6 months of pain to get into an everyday schedule but it's still do-able.

Take care,
Joe

Simon Diamond
09-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Thanks for that - I will return to the game someday, before I get too old. Just need a bit of commitment.

Simon

OffTilt
09-04-2003, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or how about this sound advice from the Illini Card Players Club (http://) "...me sometimes makes the mistake of playing pot limit omaha high and omaha high/low tables at the same time, and confusing which is which. These mistakes can be very costly, so it's best to stop them before they begin."

He who live in a glass house and so on and so forth. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh the "Crocksucker" and his Geocites Circa 1992 "site" strike again. I love you guys. Ulysses, maybe after 5000 posts you'll have gotten laid.

OnTilt

------------------------------------------
Start winning hundreds at Texas Holdem with Power Holdem+
http://www.online-pokerguide.com

Ulysses
09-04-2003, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh the "Crocksucker" and his Geocites Circa 1992 "site" strike again. I love you guys. Ulysses, maybe after 5000 posts you'll have gotten laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, that's a good one, chief. Maybe once you're older than 14 you'll have gotten laid. Burn.