PDA

View Full Version : new to the board just wanted to ask a ?

SteveAAA
09-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Hi,

I wanted to ask a question to the forum members on this site if you think something is right or is it wrong.

I have been playing at this one site where they have prop players playing and starting games to get them going but I have notice alot of them prop players are starting to use 2 user names and play at the same table. A small site you seem to notice things very easy. Anyway I have seen players from the same city sitting at the same table and I know its the same player cause the props changes names alot and now they are using two user names at the same time on the same table.

So is this right or is this wrong?

SomeTimesIWin
09-04-2003, 05:10 PM
"Anyway I have seen players from the same city sitting at the same table and I know its the same player cause the props changes names alot and now they are using two user names at the same time on the same table. "

How do you know it is the same player? How do you know the props changes names?

"So is this right or is this wrong?"
No idea

SteveAAA
09-04-2003, 05:17 PM
lol cause if you watch you notice one day you got 2 users from phoenix then the next day them 2 users are gone and another 2 users from phoenix with different names appears!

I was born at night but not last night!

Im talking about a site that only has 2 tables going
at the same time, not hard to pick up on strange
things that occurs.

thomastem
09-04-2003, 05:20 PM
If you are positive that a player has 2 or more logins at the same table why play there? They have betting advantages and pot odd advantages that to me are unacceptable.

Remember is said "IF"

Now if a player just has his possum and gorilla playing at the same table that is different.

SomeTimesIWin
09-04-2003, 05:22 PM
If you feel uncomfortable about playing there you should play somewhere else, there are a lot of good online poker rooms out there.

SteveAAA
09-04-2003, 05:25 PM
well actually im not going to play there no more.

thomastem
09-04-2003, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well actually im not going to play there no more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did a post convince you?

SteveAAA
09-04-2003, 05:34 PM
I dont think I have any reason to stay. Time to move on.
I was only playing their for the promotions but not worth to have to play with props all the time, in which to think of it now, If a prop was smart enough he would use two computers and tell them he had a freind who wanted to prop so he could use two user names to play same table to get double pay.

Can you suggest a site that I wont have to play with prop players anymore ?

jamesburke
09-04-2003, 06:37 PM
steveaaa, i have played at the site that i believe, and yes i was a prop, we did have to change names once in awhile, but we were not suppose to play at the same table at the same time using both alias's...hope that helps, and yes there are better games out there, try partypoker....

rusty JEDI
09-04-2003, 06:47 PM
I am hearing what james is saying and i agree that we were asked to change names, but we were also asked to make up a second city that we have some familiarity with. So if this was happening it would be more likely they dont have the same city. But, the site had no intention of people sitting at the same table and i dont even know if the software allows it.

Inthacup
09-04-2003, 06:51 PM
Can you suggest a site that I wont have to play with prop players anymore ?

You may play the occasional prop player at any site, but I doubt there are little if any prop players at PartyPoker right now. I mean, why would a site with 15k players need a prop? If you haven't played there, I've been kicking back the refer a friend bonuses to the new player. Just send me a PM or an email and I'll get the refer a friend form from Party.

ZeeJustin
09-04-2003, 06:51 PM
I'm surprised how indecisive these answers have been so far. This is 100% wrong, without a doubt. If it's wrong for 2 people to collude, why would it be any better for 1 player to act as 2 and do the same thing? I would certainly stop playing on that site, and I also think you should email support to let them know that it is going on, and that they should put a stop to it ASAP.

Deadbuddha
09-04-2003, 06:58 PM
this is probably wrong, it the same as collution i think.
although changing names is not as bad as playing in two computers.