PDA

View Full Version : 5 bets on the end w/ 3rd Nuts

SossMan
09-04-2003, 02:34 PM
8-16 Bay101...typical, but playing a little tougher than a regular low limit game. Still 4-5 seeing flops, most ending in a showdown. I have no reads on anyone except one aggressive preflop player on my left. Loose raising standards.

I'm in the small blind w/ A /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. 4 limpers to me, I complete, and aggressive BB raises, all call.
12 small bets to a flop of
10 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Well, that's my kind of flop...I figure Mr. Aggressive will bet or raise here with just about anything, so I check and plan on check raising all the callers.
I check, he bets, all call, I raise, all call again. Turn is a blank, and I check very softly, very cunningly.
I get a couple of wary stares as it gets checked around. River is a Q /images/graemlins/club.gif.
Final board 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifblank Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet out, two fold, one call, and the button raises.
I reraise, caller folds, button reraises. I, for the first time in the hand, try to put him on a hand. Well, sh!t, if he has the St. Flush, then so be it...I raise again, and he reraises me all in for two more chips.
He proudly turns over J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for nut strait, and says "I rivered you, huh?"
I hope people like him don't procreate, or if they do, I hope he teaches his kids the finer points of the game.

Tosh
09-04-2003, 02:40 PM
Well I hope he teaches as many people as possible, 'the finer points of the game.'

HUSKER'66
09-04-2003, 02:46 PM
We love these people! Hopefully he has lots of friends that he is teaching the "finer points". /images/graemlins/grin.gif