PDA

View Full Version : inside straight draw

jt1
09-04-2003, 01:43 PM
I have 89s in middle position. I call one bet pre-flop. The flop comes 7d 4s jd. I have a gut shot. I'm in a tight-passive game. There is a bet and one call before me. There are 3 players after me. I'm in a quandry. The pot odds are currently 8-1. I folded.

When I think it over I think that my implied odds may have been 12-1 if I catch my 10 on the turn. (The original bettors' bet, my raise and his call -- not to mention any of the other 3 callers that were behind me after the flop) however one of my tens also makes a possible flush. Taking that into consideration I would have needed implied odds of 15-1.

Any and all comments are appreciated

rayrns
09-04-2003, 05:15 PM
You can probably give yourself 1 out for the back door flush. Not more as it would be a weak one. I think you may be able to take one off, if you don't think there'll be a raise behind you. If you don't hit on the turn, fold to any bet.

MrDannimal
09-04-2003, 06:41 PM
If you think all your T outs are live, you're 5-1 to make the straight by the river, and 10.75:1 to make it right there on the turn. You're right if you assume the Td doesn't help, that it's 15-1.

I think this is an easy call for 1 bet if you don't think someone will raise behind you. I would think the raise isn't a worry in a tight passive game, though.