PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Begins! Who to start in week #1?

Joe Tall
09-04-2003, 11:13 AM
Edge, Holt and Rod Gardner are locks..

But do you like Thrung Canidate vs the Jets.

Or go with the run-and-shoot (1RB, 3WRs) - Chris Chambers vs. Houston's weak secondary??

Thanks,
LJF

Clarkmeister
09-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Trung. No brainer.

Josh W
09-04-2003, 09:44 PM
I agree. Miami is going to be throwing the ball exactly 2 times in the second half vs Texas.

Joe Tall
09-05-2003, 11:50 AM
Yes, I left Trung in and he faired ok. However, he still looks a little timid and with Betts brusing they way he did, Trung will have to earn more carries.

There is one run of Trung's from last night that is stuck in my head, he had and open hole on the right side an made a unwarrented studder step that let the linebacker catch up, he gained about 7 but with his speed I think he could have broken free if he just shot the gap blind.

Ragnar
09-05-2003, 04:16 PM
I watched Trung play in college as an Arizona season ticket holder. He is most effective when he just runs straight ahead, hits the hole fast and uses his speed. His normal results in college were two no gains, a couple of small gains, a couple of losses and then boom--long TD run. Spurrier has little patience, and I immediately thought it was a bad place for him to sign.

I have him in one league, and have Betts in my other league, both as backups, and didn't play either this week. I'm a lot happier about having Betts after last night.

Ragnar