PDA

View Full Version : Feature needed on pokerstars tournaments

Poker Advantage
09-04-2003, 05:01 AM
They need a feature that tells people how many seats are left in the tournament. Such as for late registration. As it is right now you just have to guess.

Josh

NoChance
09-04-2003, 10:49 AM
For NL tournaments, registration stays open until the first person is eliminated. I don't know how it works for limit tounaments.

Stagemusic
09-04-2003, 11:28 AM
Ummm, isn't this just simple math? The header will tell you how many spots are open total (A) ie Max XXX entrants. Then look at the number registered (B). Simply subtract B from A and WOWSERS....the number available. For the mathmatically challenged, if B is less than A...there is more than one seat available, which is all you need anyway. Also, if the "register" button is still there...you can register. If the tournament does not say how many players max then it is open to all comers up to the registration deadline. Simple, no? Not Nuclear Physics /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BookOfIcculus
09-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Once a tourney starts they do not create any more tables so it is not as simple as Max - current. You have until all the current tables fill or until someone goes out or I think it is 10 minutes to register late. So to see how many spots are open. (Number of tables * seats per table) - current entrants. I'd rather have people register in time tho.

Poker Advantage
09-04-2003, 11:54 AM
Yea thats a lot simpler than a simple program to let us know how many seats are left LOL.

Josh

Simon Diamond
09-04-2003, 12:18 PM
Being the superbrain you are Josh (I mean just check out your site for confirmation of that), why don't you code this program?

Of course, you can use a calculator - once the tournament begins, take the number of tables, multiply by 9 (in the case of Holdem and Omaha comps), then minus the current number of players registered.

I assume it still works that way anyway.

Simon

Edit: didn't notice Stagemusic has already suggested the latter until after I had posted. Fool... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Stagemusic
09-04-2003, 12:50 PM
Simon,

Of course you must realize that simple math is beneath the dignity of these masterbrain types. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

David
09-04-2003, 12:51 PM
"Also, if the "register" button is still there...you can register.

Seems simple enough to me, but I am a simple person. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

pokerlover
09-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Please stop confusing me.

Simon Diamond
09-04-2003, 03:08 PM
You must also understand that simple math is beyond me - thank heavens for the calculator. How does an abacus work again?

Simon

Homer
09-04-2003, 04:01 PM
They need a feature that tells people how many seats are left in the tournament. Such as for late registration. As it is right now you just have to guess.

If you know how to do basic math, there is no need to guess.