PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Party Poker million Semi Final tourneys

AeonBlues
09-04-2003, 01:07 AM
I'm hoping someone has some better advice than "play your best game, and Good Luck Aeon"

Standard Party poker fixed limit multi table structure, EXEPT just about everyone will be starting with 3k in chips. I beleive that this promotes tighter play in the first 5 rounds or so.....

I have 3 entries into 3 tournaments this weekend. Should be about 1200 player in each tourney, and the best out of every 50 players wins a cruise ship package prize. So, I'll need to get about 24th or better place.

Any advice?

AeonBlues

crockpot
09-04-2003, 01:18 AM
my best advice is to increase the aggressiveness of your bubble play unless you are on a really short stack (assuming you can get there). no one is going to want to take a chance playing a pot with you, so you can follow the number 1 credo of tournament play - win lots of pots without a showdown. by raping the short stacks' blinds, you can build yourself up to prevent your own elimination.

oh, and roughly double the size of the "gap" at your table. if anyone raises it will likely be a big hand, plus risking elimination means a LOT at that point.

hope you advance far enough to put this to use.

SirFoldsAlot
09-04-2003, 09:46 AM
GL Aeon, I'll be playing on Saturday

eMarkM
09-04-2003, 09:56 AM
With the stacks so deep to begin with, I would think you could loosen up a tad in the early going. Probably limp more than you're used to in a typical Party multi-table. Losing a pot or two early isn't going to kill you like it does when you just start out with 1K or 800. Not as big a Gap in the early rounds, so just play it like a normal ring game while the limits are a relatively insignificant amount vs the stack sizes.

I'm playing Friday's semis, see you then.

AeonBlues
09-05-2003, 09:15 PM
Hmmm, my thought was, A: a lot of recreational player will be gambling it up early on, and B: on round 10 or so, it will be much worse to have a $2000 stack then it will be benificail to have a $4k or $5k stack. I mean, I wont really be behind if I play real tight the first 10 rounds.

AeonBlues

AeonBlues
09-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Many times I have been suprized about how loose a big stack will play against a big stack on Party. In gerneral increasing both the buble, and the gap, seems like a good stratagy. I tend to be a tight tourney player, so I'll have to modify the ratio.....

AeonBlues