PDA

View Full Version : Two overcards and a gutshot

mikelow
09-04-2003, 12:21 AM
15-30 online. I have A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the cutoff. Loose EP raises, one caller, and I call (really should fold here, but I like my position). Button and big blind call.
Five in the hand with 5+ big bets in the pot.

Flop is:

9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

EP bets, MP calls and I raise. I'm hoping to get some position and a possible free card. Button folds, but BB calls cold (might be starting to tilt--had a few hands snapped off earlier) and EP three-bets. Yuck! I hadn't
thought of that. MP and I call as does the BB. 11+ big bets in the pot. Turn is:

[9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif]7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

BB checks, EP bets, MP calls. 14+ big bets in the pot. Anyone for tossing into the muck? Results to follow later.

risen
09-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Even your gutshot outs aren't nut, you are just in a world of hurt right now, You might be facing anything between an overpair and a full house from your EP raiser. The fact that you're so far commited to this hand tempts me to say just fire another bet in there, but you're probably going to end up heads up with someone that has you beat, and have to pay another BB on the river to see what he had. $60 better spent on a steak dinner.

elysium
09-04-2003, 07:53 AM
hi mike
fold pre-flop; fold on the flop.

mikelow
09-05-2003, 12:43 PM
I called. Thought the pot was too big even though I had no clean outs.

River was:

[9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

EP bet again. MP called. I folded as there was no chance I could win. EP had pocket 8s for a straight, and MP had J /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

mike l.
09-05-2003, 05:23 PM
"15-30 online. I have A J in the cutoff. Loose EP raises, one caller, and I call (really should fold here, but I like my position). Button and big blind call."

it's close between folding and 3 betting. calling is the worst option. big unsuited cards dont play well in big pots against 4-5 players. this is straight outta hpfap. time for a time up reading mike.