PDA

View Full Version : Did I Extract The Max?

CMangano
09-03-2003, 08:43 PM
10 handed Party 3/6 table.

1 EP and 2 MP's limp, I have K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB, I complete and BB checks. 5 see a flop of:

J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif I check, BB checks, EP bets, 1 MP folds and 1 MP calls, I call and BB calls. 4 see a turn of:

J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif I check, BB checks, EP checks, MP bets, I think and just call, BB calls and EP calls. 4 see a river of:

J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif I bet, folded to MP who calls.

Did I miss any bets here?

slavic
09-03-2003, 08:50 PM
Bet the flop, you likey can get to the turn for 2 or 3 bets, and tie people to the pot.

If someone plays at you on the turn you get to reraise and not wory about knocking out overcallers.

Tosh
09-03-2003, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif I check, BB checks, EP bets, 1 MP folds and 1 MP calls, I call and BB calls. 4 see a turn of:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'd be betting this flop.

[ QUOTE ]
J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif I check, BB checks, EP checks, MP bets, I think and just call, BB calls and EP calls. 4 see a river of:

[/ QUOTE ]

Your aim now is to trap the BB and EP into as many bets as possible. The best way of doing this is to come out betting. (if you'd bet the flop they won't often put you on a flush and you'll often get raised by top pair) By betting out you hope to get BB and EP to call and then you want MP to raise and you punish them for making loose calls.

[ QUOTE ]
J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif I bet, folded to MP who calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

They missed their draws, all the more reason to get bets in earlier.