PDA

View Full Version : 100 hands with a maniac (long)

ResidentParanoid
09-03-2003, 02:50 PM
I jump into a low limit online game to find myself one seat to the left of a maniac. It took a few hands for him to get the adrenaline going, and for me to start making moves on him. The rest of the table backed away from most of my moves for a while, so I got him heads-up often. There are at least 2 other decent players at this table, and another I suspect is pretty good, although he doesn't get to play many hands. The last 5 or 10 hands, the whole table tilted, and I didn't get to play some decent hands. I won about 50 BB's over just under 2 hours at this table. Here are the highlights of what happened over 100 hands or so.

Hand 4: I have AdJd in MP. UTG+1 calls, maniac calls, I call, folded to BB who checks. Flop is
Qc, Jc, 6s. Check, maniac bets, I fold.

Hand 5: Js, Ad in EP. maniac calls, I call, MP calls, LP poster checks, SB completes, BB checks. Flop 8c, 2h, Ts. SB bets, 1 fold, everyone calls. Turn is 3d, SB bets, maniac calls, I fold.
River is 8h. Maniac raises on the river with Qd 8s and gets called by SB with Qs Qc.

Hand 7: I start to notice the maniacal tendencies. I have Jh, Ac UTG. I raise, UTG+1 re-raises, fold, fold, call, fold, call, fold, SB call, maniac caps, I fold, called around. Flop is 9c, 5h, 9d and it's check, maniac bets, raise, and it gets capped 3 way. Turn is Js: bet, call, call. River is Qd, maniac checks and folds and winner has Qs Qh to beat Ad As.

Hand 8: I start to notice the maniacal tendencies. I have 9s, Ad in the BB. Decent player(DP) limps from EP, maniac completes from SB, I check. Flop is Qh, 7s, Js, I bet, DP calls, maniac raises, I fold, they cap it heads up. Turn is 6s and it's capped again. River is Kh, maniac bets, is raised and calls. Maniac has 4h 7c for pair of sevens and DP has 4s As for nut flush.

Hand 21: maniac has won the last 4 hands, with decent starting hands 3 out of the four. I have Kd, Jh in MP, EP calls, maniac calls, I raise, folded around to limpers who call. Flop is Ah, 9d, Qd. Check, Check, I bet, they fold.

Hand 26: Table has tightened down because of wild play due to the maniac. It appears he will raise and re-raise the flop with absolutely anything. I have Jc, Qc in the BB. folded to LP poster who checks, maniac in SB raises, I re-raise to get heads-up, poster folds, maniac caps, I call. Flop is Jd, 4c, 9c, bet, raise, re-raise, I call. Turn 6s : bet, I raise, raise, I call. River Qd: bet, I raise, re-raise, I Call. I win when he shows Jh Ac.

Hand 27: I have Ac, 2d in the SB. Folded to maniac on the button, who raises, I re-raise, BB calls, maniac calls. Flop is 8h, Qs, As. I bet, they fold.

Hand 31: I have 7h, 7c in UTG. I limp, folded to decent but tight MP who calls, SB raises, maniac 3-bets from the BB, I cap, called around. I had hoped to lose the MP player, and I'll continue to try to get it heads up here as maniac has sprouted antlers by now. Flop is 3c, 6d, Qd: SB checks, maniac bets, I raise, 2 folds, maniac 3-bets, I call. Turn is Ah: bet, call. River is Js: check, check. I win when he shows 3h Th.

Hand 33: I have Ah, Jc on button. Maniac sits out because he's down to 1 big bet. I raise one limper, BB calls and win it with flop and turn bet when the board pairs Q's.

Hand 35: Ah, Jc in LP: Maniac is still gone. I raise one limper pre-flop and 4 see the flop. I fold to a turn bet with nothing.

Hand 36: Maniac buys back in for 150 or so big bets. I have 3s, 3d in MP. Maniac checks his post, I call, folded to BB who checks. Flop is 7h, 9h, Qs. BB checks, maniac bets, I raise, BB folds, maniac 3-bets, I call. Turn is 4d: bet, I call. River is Qc: check, check. I win when maniac shows 6h 3h.

Hand 39: I have 9h, 9c in EP. Maniac calls UTG, I raise, folded around, maniac calls. Flop is 3h, 6h, 6d: Check, I bet, raise, I call. Turn 8s: bet, I raise, call. River 5h: check, I bet, call. I win when maniac shows 3c 9d.

Hand 45: I have Ks, Js in LP. I raise after maniac limps, LP calls, BB calls. I hit a 2c, 6d, Jd flop and get called by the LP who hits his flush on the river to win the hand. Maniac folds on the flop.

Hand 51 : I have Jc, Ac in the SB. Decent player in MP limps, decent player in LP limps, maniac raises, and I fold out of position.

Hand 55: I have Kd, Ah in MP. UTG calls, folded to maniac who calls, I raise, fold, decent LP calls (?), folded to BB who calls, all call. Flop comes Ac, Qd, 8c: check to me, I bet, folded except for UTG, maniac folds. Turn is Jh (check, I bet, call) and River is 4h (check, I bet, fold).

Hand 58: I have 5s, 5h UTG+1. Maniac raises UTG, I re-raise, folded around, Maniac 3-bets, I call. Flop is Th, Ac, 8c: Bet, I raise, 3-bet, I call. Turn 7h: Bet, I call. River 6d: Check, Check. I win when maniac shows Qh 3h.

Hand 60: I have Qd, Kh in the BB. UTG +2 calls, MP raises, folded to maniac who calls in the SB, I call, UTG+2 calls. Flop hits me with Kc, 4h, Qs: Maniac checks, I go for the check-raise, UTG+2 checks, MP bets, maniac folds, I raise, UTG+2 folds, MP 3-bets, I cap, he calls. Turn is 6h: I bet, raise, I call. River is 2d: I check, bet, I call. I win when he has Ac Ad.

Hand 67. Maniac has just become very loose now, and the table is allowing me to isolate, and I'm getting cards. I have Jd, Kd in MP. Maniac limps, I raise, folded around button who calls, SB folds, BB who calls, maniac calls. Flop is Ts, Kc, As, checked to me, I bet, button and maniac call. Turn is 4h: Maniac checks, I bet, button folds, maniac calls. River is 5s and we check it through. I win when maniac shows 6d Js.

Hand 74: I have 2d, 2s in LP: MP limper gets raised, and re-raised by maniac, I fold.

Hand 82: I have 2d, 2s one off the button: Folded to maniac, who raises, I re-raise, folded around, maniac 3-bets, I call. Flop is 4s, Qs, 8s: bet, I raise, re-raise, I call. Turn is 9c: bet, I call. River is 6d: bet I call. I win when maniac shows Kd Jc.

Hand 89: I have Qs, Kc in the SB. Folded to maniac on the button who raises, I re-raise, maniac caps, I call. Flop is As, 7h, 9s: I bet, maniac folds.

Hand 91: I have 5h, 5c one off the button. 3 limpers to the maniac, who raises, I fold.

Hand 92: I have Ks, As in LP. folded to maniac, who raises, I 3-bet, folded to maniac, who caps, I call. Flop is 7c, 2h, 9h: Maniac bets, I raise, maniac 3-bets, I cap, he calls. Turn is Jc: bet, I Call. River is Jc bet, I call. He wins with 3d 2c.

Aces McGee
09-03-2003, 03:44 PM
You got AJo three times in the first 7 hands?

Aces McGee

Nottom
09-03-2003, 03:56 PM
lol, thats the first thing I thought as well.

ResidentParanoid
09-03-2003, 04:06 PM
I had lots of good cards in this run. Including AJ about 6 times total.

Uppercut
09-03-2003, 06:03 PM
So, how steamed did you get when the maniac's 32o beat your Big Slick in the last hand you posted?

ResidentParanoid
09-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Honestly, I was surprised I did as well as I did overall. I was way ahead in chips before that AK vs 23, so it was bound to happen. I was just trying to take good cards heads up against him and letting the chips fall. The guy just wouldn't let go of a hand for a while.

King_J
09-03-2003, 06:17 PM
You won almost every single hand against him!!
Good played, but I think he deserved to win a few more hands

AJo Go All In
09-03-2003, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 26: Table has tightened down because of wild play due to the maniac. It appears he will raise and re-raise the flop with absolutely anything. I have Jc, Qc in the BB. folded to LP poster who checks, maniac in SB raises, I re-raise to get heads-up, poster folds, maniac caps, I call. Flop is Jd, 4c, 9c, bet, raise, re-raise, I call. Turn 6s : bet, I raise, raise, I call. River Qd: bet, I raise, re-raise, I Call. I win when he shows Jh Ac.

[/ QUOTE ]

i stopped reading at this hand. you hit a 3 outer against someone who was raising and reraising you with the best hand. you might want to reevaluate who the maniac is here.

MrDannimal
09-03-2003, 08:23 PM
I thought the same thing at first, but he has 9 outs to the flush from the flop on (that he knows of, we know it's only 8 now), and top pair decent kicker. Looking at it, he has 12 outs (9 clubs and 3 queens), to the likely winning hand (I don't think the maniac had shown down anything more then a pair at this point) and 9 to a lock.

Against the guy the way he's playing, you can't reliably put him on the best hand. I mean, the maniac was in a capped flop and turn with 47o! He could just as easily have A9o, A4o, hell, even 47o here. Worst case, he's a 2.8:1 dog, hardly the same as hitting a 3 outer.

ResidentParanoid
09-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Exactly. After this hand I did a little re-evaluation to make sure I wasn't tilting, but the guy bet into me over and over with no pair or bottom pair. I slowed down when he re-raised on the turn on the hand in question. I hit one of my many outs and went back at it on the river.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, the maniac was in a capped flop and turn with 47o

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't even know. I only posted the interesting ones I was involved in. He was showing down junk over and over. If anyone is interested, I'll post some of the other crazy hands tomorrow.

ResidentParanoid
09-03-2003, 09:16 PM
These were the interesting head-up hands. There were a few others where I could play more conservatively multi-way with draws of one sort or another, but were mostly routine. I guess I won most of the heads-up hands. He won many hands as well, many where people folded to him heads-up on the river!

ResidentParanoid
09-04-2003, 09:57 AM
Anyone have any comments about how I played my pocket pairs in hands 31, 39, 58, 74, 82, and 91? (repeated below).

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 31: I have 7h, 7c in UTG. I limp, folded to decent but tight MP who calls, SB raises, maniac 3-bets from the BB, I cap, called around. I had hoped to lose the MP player, and I'll continue to try to get it heads up here as maniac has sprouted antlers by now. Flop is 3c, 6d, Qd: SB checks, maniac bets, I raise, 2 folds, maniac 3-bets, I call. Turn is Ah: bet, call. River is Js: check, check. I win when he shows 3h Th.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 39: I have 9h, 9c in EP. Maniac calls UTG, I raise, folded around, maniac calls. Flop is 3h, 6h, 6d: Check, I bet, raise, I call. Turn 8s: bet, I raise, call. River 5h: check, I bet, call. I win when maniac shows 3c 9d.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 58: I have 5s, 5h UTG+1. Maniac raises UTG, I re-raise, folded around, Maniac 3-bets, I call. Flop is Th, Ac, 8c: Bet, I raise, 3-bet, I call. Turn 7h: Bet, I call. River 6d: Check, Check. I win when maniac shows Qh 3h.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 74: I have 2d, 2s in LP: MP limper gets raised, and re-raised by maniac, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 82: I have 2d, 2s one off the button: Folded to maniac, who raises, I re-raise, folded around, maniac 3-bets, I call. Flop is 4s, Qs, 8s: bet, I raise, re-raise, I call. Turn is 9c: bet, I call. River is 6d: bet I call. I win when maniac shows Kd Jc.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 91: I have 5h, 5c one off the button. 3 limpers to the maniac, who raises, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]