PDA

View Full Version : 3 hands in a row, another JJ disaster + some justice (hand reviews)

Styles
09-03-2003, 09:19 AM
#1, I am in UTG+1 and receive J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG folds, I raise, next EP calls, folded around to blinds who both call.

4 see the Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif,7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet out, 2 more call, BigBlind folds

Turn: K /images/graemlins/club.gif,7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,T /images/graemlins/club.gif

SmallBlind bets out, I raise, EP folds, SmallBlind Calls putting him all-in

River: K /images/graemlins/club.gif,7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,T /images/graemlins/club.gif,9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

no betting this round because it's HU with him all-in

he shows 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif ,5 /images/graemlins/club.gif and takes an $18 pot from my Jack's

#2, I am UTG and dealt K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I make a bad call and it's folded around to the same guy on the Button who raises, BigBlind Calls, I call.

3 see the Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BigBlind Checks, I Check, Button Checks

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BigBlind Checks, I bet, Button Calls

River: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, Button Calls

I show my 3 7's and win $14 back - bailed out on a bad call
He shows: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

#3, I move into the BigBlind and am dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif,8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

an EP calls, a MP calls, LMP (sameguy calls), another LP calls, Button Raises, SmallBlind folds, the rest of us call.

6 of us see the Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,K /images/graemlins/club.gif,3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, 2nd EP folds, the rest call.

5 of us see the Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,K /images/graemlins/club.gif,3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, 2 fold, 2 call (MLP-sameguy, and LP)

3 of us see the River: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,K /images/graemlins/club.gif,3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, he raises, I reraise, he calls
I show: a flush King high and win $35
he shows: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for a gutshot made on the river

This cleaned him out and he left the table. I felt fortunate, knowing I made some bad plays and got lucky and got paid back for my losing Jack's.

Mostly, I felt I played the Jack's more aggressively (per the advise here) and still got 3 opponents. Per HPFAP, I just don't see how raising Jack's in these games is a good idea.

Same issue I had in this thread
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=322278

I wish I understood why everyone else likes this play? This one seemed even better because UTG didn't call like Tosh's did. I'm still confused about this in a $1/$2 game.

Joe Tall
09-03-2003, 10:18 AM
Hand #1

Nice play.
Write the player that called your raise and won the hand down, seek him out and play in his game everytime.

Hand #2

Preflop: fold.

Hand #3

Preflop: fold.

[ QUOTE ]
I felt fortunate, knowing I made some bad plays and got lucky and got paid back for my losing Jack's.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you seek vengance, dig two graves - Proverb

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see how raising Jack's in these games is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have the 4th best hand you could be dealt. Raise them after 9 limpers in the BB, every time.

Welcome to the forum,
Larry Joe

Styles
09-03-2003, 10:41 AM
TY I hit 50 didn't I? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

#3. fold? You sure? out of the blind? I wouldn't defend with "any King" but suited that's worth 1 small bet to see the flop isn't it? And from where the raise came from?

I agree #2 was stupid of me.

Joe Tall
09-03-2003, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold? You sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a terrible blind defense, but here you're not really defending because with so many limpers the raiser isn't really stealing. You are easily dominated by KQs, KJs, KTs in this position, never mind the pile of hands that are better than this that could be raising.

[ QUOTE ]
out of the blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the problem, you'll be out of position for the rest of the hand.

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't defend with "any King"

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor 'any Ace', in this type of hand, I hope.

[ QUOTE ]
small bet to see the flop isn't it? And from where the raise came from?

[/ QUOTE ]

This depends on the type of player the preflop raiser is.

[ QUOTE ]
TY I hit 50 didn't I?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can take the heat, you'll easily make $500 in profit before you make 500 posts, so keep posting.

Peace,
LJF33