PDA

View Full Version : Was this a good fold?

Cigwin
09-03-2003, 12:21 AM
Multi table limit tourney at Party. I have 1100 chips and the blinds are 50/100. I am dealt 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in LP. LP-1 calls, I call, CO raises, SB calls, BB calls, LP-1 calls, I call. I have gotten to know the CO a little and I definitely put him on a high pocket pair. If I do not flop the set, I fold.

The flop is T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T /images/graemlins/heart.gif, J /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Checked to the CO who bets, 2 callers, I fold.

The turn is 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I am sick.

Was this a good fold? I did have the right read on the CO. He had AA and won with Aces over Tens.

sam h
09-03-2003, 03:22 AM
This is an easy fold on the flop. You're not getting the odds to try to spike your two outer and you might hit and still lose.

Before the flop is another question. I would fold or raise here. By calling after only one limper in LP, you are setting yourself up to play the hand against 3-4 players, which is exactly the range you don't want.

C M Burns
09-03-2003, 04:16 AM
fold is good although you could have tried to raise, to narow down the CO's hand. but it would have been better to raise preflop rather than just call you don't really have the multiway action to play the 77 as a draw.

Al_Capone_Junior
09-03-2003, 02:33 PM
You put too much of your chips in with a small pair pre-flop. You put in 200 of 1100, or close to 20% of your stack. Even 10% is too much with a hand you'll be folding most of the time post flop. Fold preflop and don't be faced with this type of decision again.

al

Cigwin
09-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Wow! Excellent point. I was playing this as I would a regular game. In terms of percentages, this was a dumb call.

ohkanada
09-04-2003, 02:10 PM
Don't be results oriented. Of course you fold 77 on a TTJ flop with 2 callers. You have nada!

Ken Poklitar