PDA

View Full Version : Fun hand but this guy must have been flyin' high!

Cigwin
09-03-2003, 12:02 AM
$100,000 qualifying limit tourney at Party. Early in the tournament, blinds are 15/30, I have 1,025 chips, dealer has 630. I am dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP, folded to me and I raise. LP cold calls, dealer 3 bets, BB calls, I cap, all call. 4 to the flop with 16 small bets.

Flop is 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. BB checks, I bet, LP calls, dealer raises. BB calls, I 3-bet, LP folds, dealer caps, BB calls, I call. 3 to the turn with 15 big bets in the pot.

Turn is 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. BB checks, I bet, dealer raises, BB folds, I 3-bet, dealer caps. 23 big bets.

River is J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet, dealer raises, I 3-bet, dealer calls all-in. 28 big bets.

The dealer had A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for a high card ace.

Was he trying to make me believe he had 4,5 and flopped the straight? How could i put him on 4,5 when he 3-bet preflop?

Can anyone make sense out of this or is it just bad drugs?

ohkanada
09-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Although he was crazy, I would say that you way overplayed your AA. Unless you know this guy is crazy at some point you have to figure he has a set. Not sure if I 3 bet on the turn. Seems time to check/call the river.

Ken Poklitar

Cigwin
09-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Now that I look back you may be right. The way he bet preflop led me to believe he had a high pair or AK, AQ. I didn't consider he may have a small pocket pair and flopped a set. Thanks for the insight.

Copernicus
09-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Without a doubt the biggest hole in my game is reading a flopped, slow played low set. any suggestions?