PDA

View Full Version : Playing T+ offsuit for one bet? [comments please]

Arizona Mike
09-02-2003, 07:27 PM
Hey guys... I need some of your expert advice. What are your thoughts on playing offsuited hands such as KJ, QJ, KT, QT, JT in late position for one bet (no raise in front) in the lower limit games? Thanks for the advice guys!

Arizona Mike

gonores
09-02-2003, 07:40 PM
In LP, I will almost always play KJo and QJo for one bet with limpers in front of me. KT, QT, and JT don't play too well multiway, so I proceed with caution against 4 or more limpers. On the button, I will call one bet with any of these, regardless of # of limpers. I open-raise from the cutoff or the button with any of these hands and will isolation-raise one weak limper with any of these hands if I am in the mood to do so (I'll only do this very rarely with QT and JT and often with KJ).

jaybee_70
09-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Mike,
Not so expert advice. . . I try to stay away from these hands as much as possible, because they are too hard for me to play post flop. What if an Ace flops or your jack flops and one of the blinds bets into you. Marginal hands like these put me into weak/tight mode way more than I like. Good question though and I'd like to see others respond (maybe me not playing these hands for 1 bet is just another example of my weak/tight play).

Losing all
09-02-2003, 07:47 PM
I'll sometimes raise against 1 or 2 terrible limpers. and sometimes call against several. I don't really like any of them though, and always muck that ugly KT.

hockey1
09-02-2003, 09:38 PM
I think this is all correct, but one additional factor to consider is where the limpers are. If you're in even a quasi-tough game, and the limpers are in EP, then be more inclined to muck these problem hands.

Bob T.
09-03-2003, 05:44 AM
What the heck, they are limpers, they could certainly have hands that these hands dominate, and most of the field is going to act before you on the flop, so you can decide then whether or not to continue.

rigoletto
09-03-2003, 05:54 AM
With 1-3 limpers you should often raise these hands. They prefer a shorthanded pot, so you would like the blinds to fold and possibly buy the button. You'll often get chekked to on the flop. You'll know that a flop bet from a weak player means business.