PDA

View Full Version : Well misplayed

CrackerZack
09-02-2003, 07:06 PM
Mohegan Sun 5/10 kill, this pot is killed.

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, LP loose lady limps, button limps, I replace my 2 white chips with 2 red chips from the SB with KhQh, BB (kill blind also) checks.

Q1) Is this an auto raise?

Thinking back I really think I should've raised as my hand plays well multi-way and but I'm dead to an ace on the flop/turn as most players at the table will call the flop with one over card so if I don't get a draw too. Weak tight thinking?

6 to the flop of Qd Jd 9c
I bet out, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG + 1 calls, LPs fold.

Q2) C/R or bet out?
Didn't know where the bet might come from and certainly didn't want it to be check around so I bet.

Turn: [Qd Jd 9c] Td
Good and bad, I've got the straight, diamonds just got there. I bet out, only UTG +2 calls.

River: [Qd Jd 9c Td] Ah
I bet, UTG+2 raises, you play?

Results to follow. If this is straight forward let me know as I didn't feel like it was. Although being out of position is one of my weaker spots so that could also be it.

-Zack

rkiray
09-02-2003, 07:55 PM
I think you played fine. In a kill pot I believe you need a better than average hand to raise with because it's harder to get everyone out (especially the guy who placed the kill). So I would just call preflop.

I would have bet the flop.

I would call the river.

Louie Landale
09-03-2003, 12:56 AM
After a few callers, just calling in the SB with KQs is ALWAYS reasonable. Raising is reasonable so long as there is little chance anybody has AK, AQ, AA, KK, or QQ: don't raise against tight early callers who probably have one of the first two hands. Do NOT raise unless it "feels" right to you, for whatever the reason.

On the flop you are in a lot of trouble since you cannot raise any reasonble pair-hand bet. Betting is pretty routine against passive opponents, especially loose passive opponents. Checking and seeing how things develop is a prime option, usually meaning calling if there is an early bet and raising if there is a late one. If that doesn't "feel" right to you, for whatever the reason, betting is certainly a reasonable option.

And the rest of the hand ... things just keep getting worse. Where is 84o when you need it.

This hand is pretty straight forward for brain-dead or maniac types.

- Louie

This hand illustrates the problems with "trouble" hands out of position.

Bob T.
09-03-2003, 05:04 AM
I would raise preflop.

Without a raise preflop, I would bet the flop. If I raised preflop, I would of course bet the flop.

Turn - fine,

River, good bet, I think that you have to call the raise.

Joe Tall
09-03-2003, 08:51 AM
I'd raise preflop here. I bet out on this flop with the str8 and flush draws out there.

I'd call the raise on the river with the flush out there but I feel you chopped this one with another K.

CrackerZack
09-03-2003, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the responses. I think Louie summed up a lot of my feelings. I was just constantly unsure and since the opponents seemed passive and playing only their hands, I just kept betting.

I called the river raise and he showed A9 for a rivered 2-pair. happy times.