PDA

View Full Version : my new favorite televised sporting event

08-30-2002, 07:56 PM
Breaking news....

Augusta National decided Friday to suspend its one-year contracts with three corporate sponsors for the 2003 Masters, choosing to keep them on the sidelines during the club's dispute with a women's organization over its all-male membership.

08-31-2002, 01:37 AM
I love it. He gives the NCWO the ultimate "Fuck you". I can't wait to see Christine Brennan's whiny column on it.

08-31-2002, 02:26 AM
A commercial-free Masters will be nice, though.

08-31-2002, 09:38 PM

08-31-2002, 09:41 PM

08-31-2002, 10:37 PM
It seems to me that Augusta as a private club can choose its members however it wants, as long as they receive neither govt funding nor services, not try and push their organization on others.

As far as the Masters go, let the NCWO try and set up a boycott of CBS and the employers of the members.

This woman is up in the night if she thinks I for one will not watch because of this.

She has also said that (alluding to women incensed about this, who will attend in 2003 to disrupt the action) "there will be things for the TV cameras to see." or words to that effect.

You can bet that CBS (or if they fold, whichever network does televise the 2003 Masters)will be given strict instruction that any such disrutions are not to be televised. You can also be assured that private security will be everywhere to keep disruptions to a minimum.

As far as a boycott of the employers of the members, this is also wishful thinking. She may sway a few, but in general these are extremely wealthy individuals who are in full contol of their 'employer'. Bill Gates can't even get himself into Augusta, despite almost begging for God sakes, so a letter to the company board is going to matter very litle or not at all.

If the NCWO was looking for publicity, they got it. If they really want to do some good for America, use their energy to lobby for issue that will really help women in from all walks of life.

A9suited