PDA

View Full Version : Weird play

slavic
09-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Last night 10/20 I was in the BB with a KT /images/graemlins/heart.gif

3 Limpers to the Button who raises (I've watched him raise 33, 44 and any 2 suited from here) I call all limpers call. Note: The button is also a bit of an angle shooter.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet,MP caller, Button raises, I call, MP calls.

Turn: Blank no flush

I check, MP checks, Button stares mutters something the dealer burns a card and flips up the river in his hand, player yells time, and places a bet. The river would have been a 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif, now it wasn't a heart so I was prepared to let it go and put in another 20 bucks, for a redraw.

Dealer puts the 6 back in and riffles the deck twice, I get my heart.

Here is the question. If the river was a heart can I protest the late time call when the player made a gesture that I and likely the dealer interpreted as a check?

TobDog
09-02-2003, 05:58 PM
You probably could have protested, but I doubt they would return the original river(also, if you protest, do you think you would have gotten any action if you bet?).The problem with that situation is than somebody is going to be very upset, usually the first card helped someone and the second helped someone else. I have seen this happen often and once it worked against me, and in all cases, if the dealer was paying attention, knocked the table, then burned and turned, it probably would have aleviated the problem. The first time I saw this happen, I was at San Manuel and the turn card pulled back was the river card, so the same guy would have won the pot no matter what( he made aces full), but that situation.