PDA

View Full Version : Freeroll Tourneys

PocketRocketsAA
09-02-2003, 05:43 PM
Can you tell me which Poker sites offer freeroll tourneys? Thanks.

-PocketRocketsAA

DaNoob
09-02-2003, 06:10 PM
Pokerstars does for sure. I think UB does as well. In fact, I think most of the major sites have weekly freeroll tourneys.

U can also check out http://www.freerollplayers.com/

They have a weekly listing of freeroll tourneys that are available.

Hope this helps.

Stagemusic
09-03-2003, 08:29 AM
That site has died its expected death. The person.?. "socket" who ran it was no longer interested and stopped updating about 2-3 weeks ago. It wasn't unexpected as they had also set up a league and had Absolute Poker host a few tourneys. They had a monthly leader tournament that "socket" declared himself eligible for although he wasn't close to the leaders and made himself some money. He also had a number of people "donate" to his site. I have no way of knowing how much money that brought in but it didn't take long for the league and the site to break down. They did have a fairly good listing of freerolls and most of the people that participated were great and would give updates on bonuses etc. Too bad it was started and then ultimately ruined by such a person. A few others are starting up a site with the same info and such without the participation of this gnome. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Current sites with Freerolls...no times just the sites...go look for yourself lol. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

UB...fills up fast
Pokerstars
True Poker...Saturdays and Wed.
Fabulous/ACR
Bugsy's Club
Popular Poker
Pokerroom
Planet...be fast here too

That should keep you busy.

Army Eye
09-04-2003, 10:44 AM
hmm. are you sure sock_et didn't just buy in to the finals?

Stagemusic
09-04-2003, 11:15 AM
Doesn't really matter at all. The finals were for those who finished in the top X...he wasn't one of them. Also, when we first started at Absolute there was a breakdown and those that were in the tourney and couldn't finish were supposed to be able to be in a tourney to make up for it. Sock_et had already been eliminated when the breakdown occurred but, low and behold, there he was for the make up and finished in the money....???? An amazing fellow. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif