PDA

View Full Version : 4 hands - Sets vs. possible straights or flushes

Blue Sky
09-02-2003, 04:44 PM
Typical Loose passive $2 to $5 game.

1st hand - - I get K's in the LMP. 3 callers to me, I raise, two callers and the blind re-raises, 1 person calls, I 3 bet and we end up with the blind, myself and a fish trapped in between us seeing the flop.

Flop comes AKQ rainbow. Blind bets, fish calls, I raise, they both call.

Turn is Q. Blind bets, fish raises, I 3 bet and we cap.
River is a rag and we cap it. I show my boat first, the fish had flopped the straight, and the blind wins with Quads.

2nd hand - I pick up black 7s in the CO. 6 people see the flop.

Flop comes 678 two hearts. Checked to me I bet and 3 people call.

Turn is K of spades. Blind bets, fold, call, I raise, 2 callers.

River is the Q of hearts. Blind bets, call, I call.

Blind had two pair K8o. MP fish's flush (103o) wins.

3rd hand - I'm in the blind with 7's. 5 of us see the flop.

Flop comes 765 rainbow. I bet and 2 call.

Turn is a J. I bet and 2 call.

River is a 4. I check and its two bets back to me. I fold and watch A3o and pocket 3's cap it only to chop with the ass end of a gutshot straight.

4th hand - I raise with 9h9s in LP. 5 people take the flop.

Flop comes 8910 with two hearts. Checked to me, I bet and the button and blind call.

Turn is the 9d. Blind bets, I raise, both call.

River is the 3h. Blind bets, I raise, button raises and we cap. I of course won over the blinds flopped straight, and buttons rivered flush.

Should I be as aggressive with these hands as I was or should I play them differently? Any and all advice appreciated.

Dynasty
09-04-2003, 04:26 AM
You should be playing all these hands aggressively. You will be winning on the flop most of the time in all these hands. Even when you are behind, you have very good chances to improve. Let the chips fly.