PDA

View Full Version : Can't Think Of A Good Title... (NLHE)

ML4L
09-02-2003, 01:07 PM
Hey all,

Here is a hand from another $30 single-table on Paradise. 7-handed, blinds 30/60, I have T1115, which puts me 6th of the 7 remaining (although there are a couple other stacks around T1200). I open-raise T210 in CO+1 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Loose-ish and mediocre button (the only stack smaller than me at T670) calls. Both blinds call as well, putting T840 in the pot. 4 to the flop, which comes:

Q /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Blinds check, I check, button checks. Turn comes:

J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Blinds check, I check, button goes all-in for his last 460. Blinds fold, I think for 20 seconds and call.

Comments?

ML4L

Kurn, son of Mogh
09-02-2003, 01:31 PM
He either has a J or A7 or A8 and was scared by the Q on the flop. You checked twice. From your description of him, I'm not calling here. Too big a chance he's already ahead and 3 of my outs may not be good

Prickly Pete
09-02-2003, 02:11 PM
I think he has more outs that. K or 9 gives him the straight. So he has 8 outs and possibly up to 14 outs if the A or 10 matching are good.

Still, it may have been a decent spot for a semi-bluff instead of checking and hope to take down the pot. Calling the all-in is tough.