PDA

View Full Version : What to do when a SnG game goes crazy?

Hotrod0823
09-02-2003, 08:21 AM
Sat in a 20+2 SnG limit hold'em game last night on UB and very early found the table very "aggressive" as if the entire table went on tilt. I got caught up in it for a few rounds and found myself putting 3 bets in to see a flop with AJo. This happened for the first 20 minutes losing 3 players very early. I was amazed at what people were calling and or raising with. If I didn't know better I would think they were just dumping chips.

I managed to lose most of my stack to blinds and went out in the 75/150 tier in 5th. I was the short stack by a lot and went all in with my pair of eights.

My question is how to avoid getting into the crazy action and how to protect your blinds when it is 3 or 4 bets before every flop with 4-5 callers???

DaNoob
09-02-2003, 10:11 AM
When the table goes crazy like this, I usually let the idiots knock each other out, pay attention to starting hand trends, and then push back hard with premium hands PF.

Except for the premium hands, I don't play at all. I actually like watching all the fireworks while I get closer to the money without having to do anything.

I usually find that the action calms after 2-3 of the "big-hitters" are eliminated.

Hope this helps.

ohkanada
09-04-2003, 11:14 AM
The last thing you are worrying about in this situation is defending your blinds. Wait for good hands before mixing it up. As the blinds jump a bit there is likely to be some calm.

Ken Poklitar