PDA

View Full Version : Losing Hands - QJo

CMangano
09-02-2003, 03:46 AM
I am going through my Poker Tracker stats and checking out some of the hands I am losing money with. QJo is one of these losers for me. Here are a couple hands that I would like some feedback on. The games are both Party 3/6.

Hand 1 - Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

The first 5 players limp, folded to the button who limps, sb completes and I check in the bb. 8 people see a flop of:

7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Checked to me I bet. UTG and 2 MP players call. 4 See a turn of:

7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif I bet out, all call. 4 see a river of:

7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Checked to a MP who bets, other MP calls, I call and EP folds.

Hand 2 - Q/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

3 Folds then 2 calls to me in LMP, I call, CO folds, button calls, sb completes, bb raises, called to sb who know reraises, everyone calls. Not the pf action I wanted to see. 6 people see a flop of:

5/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif SB bets, BB calls, a limper raises, another calls 2 cold and I fold.

Thoughts on either or both hands?

kiddo
09-02-2003, 04:04 AM
Hand 1:

I find these paired flops very hard to play. I dont like to bet out here if table is loose. Flushdraw will call, straighrdraw will call, pocketpairs will call, pair of Qs will call, trips will call... Everybody calls and you have no idea what they are calling with.

I would go for checkraise on flop, trying to knock out as many as possible. If someone is 3-betting, u are proably behind, and if someone is coldcalling, well, that indicates a lot more strenght then just calling 1 bet.

Hand 2
Nothing to do. Bad luck preflop.

The Bear
09-02-2003, 10:23 AM
Hand 1: I think you played this hand alright. I also might have gone for the check-raise on the flop, but I don't think betting is bad. The turn is an obvious bet. On the river, I think you made a debatable overcall. But considering how much Party 3/6 players love to bluff the river, you probably win a high enough percentage of the time here to make a call right.

Question: If the river had come without a heart, would you have value bet or checked it down?

Hand 2: I think you're playing too loose here. Two limpers isn't enough for me to call w/ QJo in LMP. In fact, four limpers probably isn't enough, but I play pretty tight. Until you feel very comfortable playing this hand post-flop, you should probably tighten up your preflop calling standards.

Luke
09-02-2003, 10:51 AM
Hand 1: There are other ways that this hand could be played (checking the flop to see what the action is and play accordingly) but I don't think you played it terribly.

Hand 2: 95% of the time I don't voluntarily play QJo in worse position than the CO. Once you played it, you pretty much have to call one more bet to see the flop - both times.