PDA

View Full Version : Central Nevada Poker

ElyJon
09-02-2003, 01:20 AM
This is a long shot I know. There are not many people up in this neck of the woods and it is difficult to keep a game going up here. However if you live within reasonable driving distance of Ely and would be interested in playing at least on weekends please email your interest, replies are nice in the thread but will not suffice please email also. If I can get enough interest I will take it all to the Nevada Hotel in Ely and speak to the owner with an offer to help with training some dealers (I have over 15 years experience in poker) and promoting the game.

Mason Malmuth
09-02-2003, 03:18 AM
Ely is actually one o my favorite places in Nevada. It's a good location for scenic trips in almost any direction, but I was disappointed with the Ghost Train.

I actually played poker a few years back at the Nevada Hotel when they had a poker table. But last time through I noticed the table was gone, so it seems to me that the decision to end poker has already been made.

MM

ElyJon
09-02-2003, 06:11 PM
It has been a few years from what I understand. I am hoping to reverse that decision. The nearest game is Wendover, a two hour drive. Las vegas is 3 1/2 hours. Reno 5.
I hope to ride the ghost train soon. I have had a lot of fun wandering around the railyard and engine sheds. You can take a tour of the shed wander around the engines, talk to the mechanics and just have a good ol time. It is a kick to hear the steam whistle blow every day. compared to the jet engine and truck noise I used to have to bear from my condo on west flamingo it is also a pleasure. Next year I plan on doing some volunteer time there. http://www.nevadanorthernrailway.net/

HDPM
09-02-2003, 11:59 PM
Doubt you'll get much. Ely is just gas and McDonalds on the way to Vegas for me. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif GL tho.

Wendover has the advantage since it's so close to SLC. Much bigger population base to draw from. Nobody is near Ely really. Maybe catch you in wendo sometime. A few posters get there sometimes.