PDA

View Full Version : Craziest thing I've ever seen...

ElSapo
09-01-2003, 10:37 PM
So it's Party 2/4, as you maye have guessed by the subject. I'm UTG with AKo and raise. UTG+1 three bets, we get two players calling three cold, and I just call.

Flop is a whole bunch of spades, eight-high, and I decide on the flop I'm gonna let this one go (no spade). Right or wrong, I decide overcards are not going to take this down with three more players.

Checked around.

Turn pairs that eight, I check it, three-bettor checks it, next guy bets and all call but me.

River is something I don't recall. Checked through. I don't even remember what won, but I've got $10 says no one call tell me what UTG+1 three-bet me with...

Mike Gallo
09-01-2003, 11:01 PM
I will not take the wager however I guess he three bet you with pockets 2s or some other junk.

It happens, I have seen maniacal raises like that in a live $10-$20 game.

~MG~

JTG51
09-01-2003, 11:17 PM
How many guesses do I get? 32o.

Losing all
09-01-2003, 11:27 PM
Nice. This is ecactly what I'm talking about in another thread about why I don't value AKo as high in loose games.

My guess, K8o.

Homer
09-01-2003, 11:42 PM
This is ecactly what I'm talking about in another thread about why I don't value AKo as high in loose games.

What is exactly what you are talking about? Can you explain your logic here or point me to the appropriate thread?

-- Homer

Ulysses
09-02-2003, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've got $10 says no one call tell me what UTG+1 three-bet me with...

[/ QUOTE ]

Since 23o is taken, I'll go with 72o.

Joe Tall
09-02-2003, 07:56 AM
K8s - I've been 3-bet 2x live and 2 or 3 times online with this hand.

ElSapo
09-02-2003, 10:14 AM
He three-bet with 34o.

Ulysses
09-02-2003, 01:03 PM
While I don't usually 3-bet with it, that's actually a pretty good hand. He has a straight draw that will be well disguised. He has two small flush draws. He has two quads draws and a number of full house draws. And of course, some additional pair and two pair draws, though they might not always be good.

CrackerZack
09-02-2003, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice. This is ecactly what I'm talking about in another thread about why I don't value AKo as high in loose games.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ecactly and exactly why I love AKo. If it was K8o, I'd love it even more!!!! This guy capped with a hand that legitimately has a shot to be playing the board on the river and you don't like AKo as much because of it? I don't understand.

Bob T.
09-02-2003, 02:16 PM
If he doesn't do this all the time, you might give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yesterday, while playing three tables, on two separate occasions, by accident, I three bet with Q4 off, on the first hand, the flop came with a four in it, and everyone folded on the turn, on the other hand, I escaped from the pot, when it was two bets to me on the flop.

I've posted the story before, but online and playing multiple tables, I once three bet with 62 off by accident, and the flop came 226. Even though I protested that it was a misclick, everyone gave me incredible action all day.

ElSapo
09-02-2003, 02:26 PM
I think it was probably intentional. All I can think was that he was ust going to make a move on the pot once we were heads up (assuming he three-bet to isolate), and wasn't expecting two more people calling the three cold. Though, like I said, he did also call a turn bet, so...

And you mean you don't routinely re-raise with 62? I think Ulysses has just laid out a very clear cut argument for why it can't be that bad of a move....

ElSapo
09-02-2003, 02:28 PM
As you can tell, I'm still learning this game. I never would have seen this. It's advive like this that is helping me slowly move up in limits and become a winning player. Thank you.

Bob T.
09-02-2003, 02:33 PM
And you mean you don't routinely re-raise with 62? I think Ulysses has just laid out a very clear cut argument for why it can't be that bad of a move....

Well, I hate to get tied to the pot, and it can get tricky to play post flop /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

AceHigh
09-02-2003, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that's actually a pretty good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to mention all the times you get to play the board. That's a big plus with this hand. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

CrackerZack
09-02-2003, 07:16 PM
I went hunting...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=330285&page=&view=&sb =5&o=