PDA

View Full Version : Animal Talk

Zeno
09-01-2003, 08:58 PM
Went on a hike today and saw two big white tail bucks. These were the largest white tail bucks I have ever seen. Both were 5 points, six points if you count the "eye guards". One buck also had a six-point rack on one side because he had one of those small knobby side growths on one antler. Anyway, I was only 50 yards from both bucks in a semi-timbered area and got an excellent look at both of them using my binoculars. One buck was partly hidden but the other stared at me, walk up were he could get a good look, stopped, and stared me down. I made some small clicking noises and pawed at the ground with my foot to get his attention. He flared his nostrils and got very tense for a while, and then lost interest and both bucks scampered off.

They were both very magnificent animals. The autumn sex fest is on the horizon so they will be angry rivals soon. In fact, I was a little surprised to see the two together.

-Zeno

Ray Zee
09-02-2003, 03:39 AM
yea the deer are out moving now. ive seen three sets of twin fawns on my place the last few days that are now big enough to jump a fence. also a few decent bucks. the bucks will hang out together some until the rut starts around november here.

see what you get to experience when you get outside and away from those stupid reference books. maybe now john cole will take his tie off and venture out away from the concrete.