PDA

View Full Version : Poorly played river but what did we both have ?

Tosh
09-01-2003, 12:31 PM
This is taken from a $2/$4 online game. Other than my poor river play how was my play?

I am in early-mid position. Fold, limp, fold to me. I raise, all fold to the small blind (who from my experience seems to be a decent player) who calls as do the big blind and the early limper. 4 see the flop.

The flop is 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Checked to me and I bet, all call.

Turn is T /images/graemlins/club.gif, checked to me, I bet and only the small blind calls.

River is 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, checked to me and I bet. Small blind check-raises, I think, panic a bit and call.

JTG51
09-01-2003, 12:54 PM
You had AA, he had 2 pair?

Miah
09-01-2003, 02:25 PM
I'll take a stab

You had either QQ or KK, maybe AK

He had A3, or maybe TT

The more hand I list the better shot I have. I bet I'm way off.

Crazy Clown
09-01-2003, 02:32 PM
He had AT, you had either JJ, QQ, KK. I'd say you had an Ace but for you to raise preflop it would be AT or better, and if it was you wouldn't be lamenting your river bet.

slavic
09-01-2003, 03:16 PM
AK or AQ versus 56s

Tosh
09-01-2003, 03:23 PM
Just to clarify. Betting the river wasn't my mistake.

Miah
09-01-2003, 03:28 PM
In that case you had either TT or AA, slightly possibly AK, but I doubt it. Again I'm probably way off here, so feel free to ignore me.

GrinningBuddha
09-01-2003, 03:38 PM
It's clear that you think your mistake was calling vs re-raising the river. I've found recently that a lot of players like to call raises with Ax, but if he's representing A3, and you only have AK or AQ, I'm not sure a re-raise is all that good of an idea. You likely don't have AA, since that would mean all the Aces are out. You likely don't have two pair, since raising with AT is iffy unless you're trying to isolate the limper.

I'll have to guess that you had AK and the SB tried to scare you off your hand with a bluff raise.

Tosh
09-01-2003, 03:48 PM
Ok I had TT and he had an interestingly played AQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

It was a clear reraise on the river but at the time alarm bells went off in my head that he'd made his straight on the river or had been trapping me with AA.

Other than the river how was my play ?