PDA

View Full Version : KT suited on the button.

Bob T.
09-01-2003, 02:06 AM
Online 2-4 game.

Four limpers to me on the button. I limp with K /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif. Both blinds come along. 7 to the flop.

Flop Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet, blinds, and one EP calls.

Turn, 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif Checked to me. I bet, blinds call.

River, 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Checked to me, I bet, SB checkraises, Call, or Reraise?

Thanks for your responses.

asdf1234
09-01-2003, 02:13 AM
Against a typical Party player, I'd probably reraise, since many would overplay smaller flushes and even weaker hands. I'm not sure the SB would put you on the second nut flush at this point since you've been betting without resistance the entire way.

JTG51
09-01-2003, 02:19 AM
I'd raise preflop, but since that wasn't the question...

I'd definitely 3-bet the river. I think he's far more likely to have a hand like 56 or 84 than the nuts. I don't think many players would check call the turn with the nut flush, then check raise the river.

Plus, from his perspective your flop bet looks a lot more like a pair based hand than a flush. Easy 3-bet.

Ed Miller
09-01-2003, 07:02 AM
I would raise preflop. I would 3-bet without thinking on the river. I'd start thinking if I were 4-bet.

Ed Miller
09-01-2003, 07:03 AM
Raising once with a small flush is not "overplaying" it.

rigoletto
09-01-2003, 07:25 AM
This is an autoraise!!! And I agree with JT: raise preflop!

asdf1234
09-01-2003, 11:49 AM
I said that they would overplay weak hands here to imply that you might get a cap out of them with a considerably weaker hand, sorry for not being more clear.

slavic
09-01-2003, 03:33 PM
I three bet the river call the 4 bet. You know your good here 90% of the time.

The early action really makes me want to raise pre-flop. In 2/4 they are going to come anyway if you flop a draw but if you get KJ or KQo to fold in the blinds you help yourself out. Just a thought.

Bob T.
09-01-2003, 05:49 PM
I'm giving myself a C minus this hand.

I agree with nearly everyone, that I had a raise preflop, for a lot of reasons. I limped in, and that had to be a mistake.

On the river, I know that there are a lot of hands that I would have played the same way as this one, that would have been a lot weaker than the second nuts. I think that I have an easy value reraise on the river.

As it turned out, my opponent had 65 of hearts for a rivered straight.

Joe Tall
09-02-2003, 08:06 AM
This is an easy river 3-bet, Bob T. He could have made 2-pair or a str8 and is unable to put you on the flush.

I'd consider riasing preflop here after all these limpers too.

Peace,
LJF33