PDA

View Full Version : serious q for john cole and z...

08-26-2002, 06:52 AM
no doubt about it, as different as z and cole are; both have logical minds; are able to account for many different facts on different levels; are not necessarily limited by "in the box " thinking....have demonstrated gr8 emotional self-control....yet z is one of poker's all time gr8ts ans john cole describes his game as mediocre at best, although i suspect that could be a minimal esimation.....

having cognitive disonance here...any reply appreciated...tia..gl

08-26-2002, 09:06 AM
scalf,

As always, thanks for the kind words. I wish I had emotional self-control in many areas of my life; unfortunately, I'm a bit limited in that area. Sometimes that lack of control hurts my poker game. For various reasons, I haven't played much lately, but I had a great time a week ago despite playing, on average, one or two hands per hour--at a very loose table. The few beats I took really didn't bother me, and although I might have tilted slightly according to John Feeney's strict definition, no one would have noticed. (I called a raise or two from the BB I shouldn't have.)

In addition, since I play 5-10, I suffer from playing against mediocre competion, for the most part. Perhaps here it's time to invoke Vygotsky and the notion of zones of proximal development.

John

08-26-2002, 11:59 AM
"Perhaps here it's time to invoke Vygotsky and the notion of zones of proximal development. "

That's what I was going to suggest.