PDA

View Full Version : party poker 10/20 6 max

stripsqueez
08-31-2003, 09:07 PM
getting late and you've been busy at 2 of these tables for the last 3 hours - you turn off the auto post blind button on one table but because you still have almost one circuit to go at the other table when prompted to post the BB you decide to play one more circuit at this table

you are rewarded with the black aces - folded to the cutoff who limps, the SB raises, you 3 bet, the cutoff plays and the SB caps it - 3 to the flop

the flop comes Q75 (suits irrelevant) - you have noted previously that the SB seems ok - he seems to play about the right number of hands which is a rareity in these games - the SB bets you raise the cutoff folds the SB 3 bets and you cap it - the turn is another 7 - the SB checks you bet and he raises and you decide its time just call

the river is a 2 - the SB checks - your go ??

PocketRocketsAA
09-01-2003, 12:14 AM
Time to bet. He has nothing better than a pair of Queens.

Drunk Bob
09-01-2003, 09:53 AM
I WOULD BET.If you get raised call.He is more likely to have KK than QQ.

glen
09-02-2003, 12:31 AM
EASY bet. . .If you get check-raised, call and expect to win.

glen
09-02-2003, 12:36 AM
wait a minute. . .I just reread the post. If you check-raised on the river, call but against a good player, expect to lose.

stripsqueez
09-03-2003, 03:08 AM
thank you for the responses

i bet the river, the SB raised, i called and got shown QQ - at the time i felt stupid - it certainly looks stupid to be check raised twice - but it did occur to me that in other games i play (games other than poker) that looking stupid is very much part of the game and that a good player shouldnt be too afraid of looking stupid

i am relieved everyone who responded would of looked stupid too