PDA

View Full Version : more party scary rivers

bugstud
08-31-2003, 03:58 PM
I get dealt 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button at a party 2/4 game. MP raises, 1 coldcall and a poster call to me, I call, SB calls.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

scary. checked to the raiser, who bets. PF coldcaller folds, poster calls, I raise. All call. 4 to the turn.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

checked to me, I bet. All call.

River: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me and I check

comments?

Ian M.
08-31-2003, 04:08 PM
With three other players seeing the river I think this is a good check.

me454555
08-31-2003, 06:44 PM
I'd bet out, I think anyone holding a strait would probobly bet out and not go for the check raise. My guess is that the MP raiser is on a pair that didn't make trips or Ax /images/graemlins/spade.gif and the other guy is on a spade flush draw too.

me454555
08-31-2003, 06:46 PM
dont discount mp raiser from 2 pair or AJs

bugstud
08-31-2003, 07:16 PM
SB shows KTo, we all muck. AQ and QT were the other 2 hands.

Ian M.
09-01-2003, 12:02 AM
It's hard to say what these passive types will do. I think it would be more common for them to check and call with the straight. I'm not sure a bet is correct here, not because I dont think a set of nines will be good most of the time, but because I dont think he will have the best hand 55% of the time when called.