PDA

View Full Version : A Few Hands For Critique From My 1st Day At UB

lunchmeat
08-31-2003, 01:28 AM
Here are a few hands I wasn't sure about from my maiden voyage at Ultimate Bet. I played mostly 3/6 with a kill.

Hand 1) I have AA. UTG limps, I raise, all fold to UTG who calls. All I know about UTG is that he's fond of trying to steal the blinds. Flop Q,J,J rainbow. UTG checks, I bet, UTG calls. Turn is a 9, two hearts on the board. UTG bets (I think he's either on a draw or doesn't want to miss a bet with a J, but a bluff is in the back of my mind) I call. River (Q,J,J,9) Q, no flush. UTG bets, I fold.

Hand 2) I've got QdTd on button. MP & LP limp, I limp, both blinds see the flop. Flop: Qc,Js 8s. Checked to me, I bet, SB calls, BB folds, MP folds, LP calls. Turn (Qc,Js,8s) 7h. Checked to me, I bet, SB check raises, LP folds, I call. River (Qc,Js,8s,7h) Tc. SB bets, I raise, SB calls. I win the pot and SB and LP start chattering about how I'll go broke if I keep making "stupid calls"... and they didn't mean I should have reraised the turn.

Hand 3: Game has gotten very tight. JJ UTG I raise. MP, button and both blinds cold call. 5 haven't seen the flop in half an hour. Flop:Ah, 6h, 4s. SB bets. BB folds. I figure SB probably wouldn't call 2 with just suited cards even with 3 others in front of him. I also felt it likely that one of the cold callers behind me could have an A, so I fold. Everyone else folds and SB takes the pot.

lil'
08-31-2003, 01:41 AM
Hand 1 - I think you should raise the turn. Unless he has a J or K-10, you are winning.

Hand 2 - Looks good. What would you do if you were re-raised on the river?

Hand 3 - Looks good to me.

lunchmeat
08-31-2003, 01:55 AM
Thanks for comments.

On hand 1 I agree that raising the turn was probably the best play. The turn bet just seemed very strange with that board. Alarm bells were going off in my head and I think I got flustered.

On hand 2 if I was reraised I probably would have called. I'ts pretty hard to cap in this situation with the straight possibility. By this point the pot seems too large to fold either.